The UK home décor market will grow by £309m in the five years to 2021, outperforming all other home sectors. Decorative accessories will drive the market ranges through their trend-led, cost-efficient options for updating the look of a home. As consumers become more sensitive to seasonal and fashionable home décor propositions, retailers should respond to growing demands for style, quality and newness
- The home décor market is forecast to grow by 22% over the next five years and account for 12.1% of all homeware markets by 2021.
- Value players have exerted pressure on the sector due to their ability to undercut on price.
- Home décor sales at the grocers will continue to be impacted by weak food and grocery footfall, with share forecast to fall back in 2016.
- More consumers bought into the category because they wanted a 'new look' than they did two years ago as greater accessibility and more choice has enabled consumers to buy into new collections easily and affordably.
- The online share of total home décor market is forecast to reach 17.1% in 2021 as improved brand reach and online platforms stimulate sales.
The “UK Home Décor” report offers a comprehensive insight into the home décor and accessories market in the UK, analysing the market, the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes. It also provides forecasts to 2021.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Issues and Strategies
- The Market
- The Retailers
- The Consumer
Reasons To Buy
- Utilise the detailed market data and insight to help form an effective growth strategy across the home décor market.
- It covers seven product categories within home décor:
- Pictures and frames
- Vases and bowls
- Decorative accessories
- Candle holders and lanterns
- Candles and lanterns
- Identify the opportunities to grow business in this sector by comparing strategies of the key players in the market and their performance metrics
- Learn how a growing demand for trend-led home accessories will boost spend in the sector, and advised retailer reactions
- Understand the opportunities in the market by learning who shops for home décor products, how frequently they shop and what drives their store selection.