Human Biochemistry includes clinical case studies and applications that are useful to medical, dentistry and pharmacy students. It enables users to practice for future careers as both clinicians and researchers.
Offering immediate application of biochemical principles into clinical terms in an updated way, this book is the unparalleled textbook for medical biochemistry courses in medical, dental and pharmacy programs.
- Winner of a 2018 Most Promising New Textbook (College) Award (Texty) from the Textbook and Academic Authors Association
- Offers immediate application of biochemical principles into clinical terms in an updated way
- Contains coverage of the most current research in medical biochemistry
- Presents the first solution designed to reflect the needs of both research oriented and clinically oriented medical students
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Organ Systems and Tissues 2. The Cell 3. Water, pH, Buffers, General Features of Receptors, Channels and Pumps 4. Proteins 5. Enzymes 6. Insulin and Sugars 7. Glycogen and Glycogenolysis 8. Glycolysis and Gluconeogensis 9. Lipids 10. Nucleic Acids and Molecular Genetics 11. Protein Biosynthesis 12. Transcription 13. Metabolism of Amino Acids 14. Metabolism of Fat, Carbohydrate and Nucleic Acids 15. Polypeptide Hormones 16. Steroid Hormones 17. Growth Factors and Cytokines 18. Membrane Transport 19. Micronutrients (Metals and Iodine) 20. Vitamins and Nutrition 21. Blood and lymphatic system