Power Electronics and Motor Drive Systems is designed to aid electrical engineers, researchers, and students to analyze and address common problems in state-of-the-art power electronics technologies. Author Stefanos Manias supplies a detailed discussion of the theory of power electronics circuits and electronic power conversion technology systems, with common problems and methods of analysis to critically evaluate results.
These theories are reinforced by simulation examples using well-known and widely available software programs, including SPICE, PSIM, and MATLAB/SIMULINK. Manias expertly analyzes power electronic circuits with basic power semiconductor devices, as well as the new power electronic converters. He also clearly and comprehensively provides an analysis of modulation and output voltage, current control techniques, passive and active filtering, and the characteristics and gating circuits of different power semiconductor switches, such as BJTs, IGBTs, MOSFETs, IGCTs, MCTs and GTOs.
- Includes step-by-step analysis of power electronic systems
- Reinforced by simulation examples using SPICE, PSIM, and MATLAB/SIMULINK
- Provides 110 common problems and solutions in power electronics technologies
1. Power Electronics Technology
2. Circuits With Switches and Diodes
3. Thyristor and Single-Phase Half-Wave Controlled Rectifier
4. Diode Rectifiers
5. Thyristor-Controlled Rectifiers
6. Inverters (DC-AC Converters)
7. DC-DC Converters
8. AC Voltage Controllers and Thyristor-Based Static VAR Compensators
9. PWM or Switched Mode Rectifiers
10. Fully Controlled Semiconductor Devices
11. Passive and Active Filters
12. Introduction to Motor Drive Systems
Dr. Manias is an IEEE Fellow and the Chapter Chairman of IEEE Greece section of the joint societies IAS-PELS-IES. His research interests include Power Electronics conversion topologies, Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) and motor drive systems.