- Outlines relevant anatomic structures and landmarks, as well as various types of sutures and instruments.
- Provides authoritative, detailed guidance on transvenous lead placement, including novel or alternative placements, as well as implantation of subcutaneous ICDs.
- Covers tools and techniques, anesthesia, radiation safety, pitfalls and complications, tips and pearls, patient preparation, postoperative patient management, and follow-up care.
- Offers expert coverage of pediatric considerations and other special circumstances.
- Allows you to view surgical procedures and relevant anatomy in video clips online, as well as through extensive, high-quality illustrations in the text.
- Ideal for EP fellows, practicing electrophysiologists, and cardiologists who perform surgical procedures to implant pacemakers, ICDs, and other devices.
- Expert ConsultT eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
1. Development of Cardiac Implantable Electrical Devices
2. Surgical Anatomy for the Implanting Physician
3. Surgical Techniques and Tools
4. Anesthesia for Interventional Cardiology
5. Radiation Safety
6. Patient Preparation
7. Cardiac Implantable Electronic Device Surgical Implant
8. Transvenous Lead Placement
9. Considerations for Novel or Alternative Lead Placement
10. Implanting the Subcutaneous Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator
11. Device Implantation in Pediactrics and Congential Heart Disease
12. Special Circumstances and Obstacles
13. Pitfalls and Complications
14. Prevention, Evaluation and Management of Cardiac Rhythm Device Infections
15. Postoperative Management
Lyle W. Larson Cardiologist, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington.