The global nano metal powder industry develops slowly in a relative sense, let alone leading enterprises or massive commercialized application. At present, the overall yield is not high, at around 2,000 tons, which is mainly related to a short supply and high prices brought on by high technical requirements onnano metal powder.
After decades of research and development, China has achieved independent supply of some nano metal powder like Cr, Ni, Ag, and Fe, with the output accounting for 4-6% of the global total. While improving production technology, the country is also actively studying and expanding the downstream demand.
Apart from the military need, China has seen commercial operation in the civilian market segments, such as 3D printing, catalyst (QSI’s nano iron has been applied in synthetic ammonia project of Haohua-Junhua Group), and thermal spraying (Nano chrome of Siping Gao Sida Nano Material & Equipment is adopted by thermal spraying enterprises like MECOM Industries).
At present, China’s independently-developed nano metal powder technology and capability are relatively limited, and product quality remains to be improved. Overall, however, we project that in 2015-2020 China’s nano metal powder market size will grow at a compound annual rate of some 25%, to an estimated over RMB18 billion by 2020.
Currently, there are more than 300 nanotechnology companies in China, but most of them are startups and have no mature technology (including in preparation and downstream application). They gain meager profits or are in the red. And there are only more than 10 enterprises in China that are engaged in production and research of nano metal powder, of which those that supply nano metal powder are even much rare.
Siping GaoSida Nano takes the lead in China’s nano metal powder industry, but with its annual revenue only RMB60-80 million. However, its gross margin is quite high, at over 40%. At present, the company is striving to make footprint in the whole industry chain of nano metal powder industry: equipment manufacturing -- nano metal powder -- surface thermal spraying.
The products have been recognized by such customers as Chinese Academy of Sciences and MECOM. In future, revenue and profits are expected to rise. But the company has no professional management and sales teams, thus affecting its rapid development.
Hefei Kaier Nanometer Energy & Technology Co., Ltd. leads the industry in both revenue and profits, with the revenue of RMB70 million to RMB90 million and an approximately 35% gross margin. But the revenue mainly comes from non-metallic nanomaterials. The company has a stronger R&D team, engaging Prof. Zhang Lide, China’s chief scientist in nanometer materials as head adviser and setting up a research institute. While developing non-metallic nano compound, the company is also working to develop high-quality nano metal powder products and how to apply them in downstream markets.
The report is primarily concerned with the following:
- Overview and competitive landscape of the global nano metal powder industry;
- Policy environment, market status, competitive landscape, market price, and development prospects of the Chinese nano metal powder industry;
- Development of downstream sectors (catalyst, 3D printing, radar-absorbent material) of the Chinese nano metal powder industry;
- Product mix, operation, etc. of four global and 11 Chinese major nano metal powder companies.
1 Concept of Nano Metal Powder
1.1 Definition and Application
1.2 Production Process
1.3 Industry Chain
2 Overview of Global Nano Metal Powder Industry
2.1 Overview of Nanomaterial
3 Overview of Chinese Nano Metal Powder Industry
3.1 Overview of Nanomaterial Industry
3.1.1 Policy Environment
3.1.2 Development Course
3.2 Status Quo
3.3 Competition Pattern
3.4 Market Price
4 Downstream Sectors of Nano Metal Powder Industry
4.1 Catalyst Industry
4.1.1 Global Market
4.1.2 Chinese Market
4.2 3D Printing Industry
4.2.1 Global Market
4.2.2 Chinese Market
4.3 Surface Coating Material
4.3.2 Health Care
4.3.3 Auto Body Surface Coating
4.4 Conductive Pastes
4.6 Radar-absorbent material (Military Application)
4.7 Solid Propellant
5 Major Global Nano Metal Powder Manufacturers
5.1 QuantumSphere, Inc. (QSI)
5.1.3 Development in China
5.2.2 Development in China
5.3 Powdermet, Inc.
5.4 Hoganas Group
5.4.2 Development in China
6 Key Chinese Nano Metal Powder Enterprises
6.1 Siping GaoSida Nano Material and Equipment Ltd.
6.2 Henan Pingqi Nano Material Co., Ltd.
6.3 Kunshan Zhongju Nano New Material Co., Ltd. (subsidiary of Miyou Group)
6.4 Nanjing Emperor Nano Material Co., Ltd.
6.5 Hefei Kaier Nanometer Energy & Technology Co., Ltd.
6.6 Shanghai ChaoWei Nanotechnology Co., Ltd.
6.7.1 Nanjing XFNANO Materials Tech Co., Ltd.
6.7.2 Hefei Quantum Quelle Nano Science and Technology Co., Ltd.
6.7.3 Shandong Zhengyuan Nanometer Materials Engineering Co., Ltd.
6.7.4 Ningbo Guangbo New Nanomaterials Stock Co., Ltd.
6.7.5 KaipingKede Nanomaterials Co. Ltd.
7 Conclusion and Forecast
7.1 Industry Analysis
7.1.1 Driven by positive factors including favorable policies and progress in downstream application, China’s nano metal powder market size is expected to grow rapidly
7.1.2 Military industry is still dominant in nano metal powder and spraying consumption market structure, civil market subsidiary
7.1.3 An increasingly close cooperation with downstream enterprises will become another development trend in nano metal powder industry
7.2 Enterprise Analysis
List of Charts
- Examples of Nanomaterials
- Major Applications of Nano Metal
- Commercialized Nano Metal Powder and Applications
- Comparison of Nano Metal Powder Preparation Methods
- Schematic Diagram for Nano Metal Powder Industry Chain
- Market Size and Classification of Nanotechnology Worldwide
- Product Mix of Global Nano Powder by Output, 2015
- Regional Distribution of Nano Powder Worldwide by Output, 2015
- Capacity, Process, Product Mix, and Downstream Application of Major Global Nano Metal Powder Manufacturers
- China’s Policies on Nanomaterials, 2006-2016
- Output Value of New Material Industry in China, 2010-2015
- China New Material Industry Structure, 2015
- Development History of Nano Metal Powder Industry in China
- Downstream Application Structure of Nano Metal Powder in China
- Regional Distribution of Nano Metal Powder in China by Enterprise, 2015
- Regional Distribution of Nano Metal Powder in China by Output, 2015
- Technology, Product Mix, and Downstream Application of Major Nano Metal Powder Manufacturers in China
- Capacity of Major Nano Metal Powder Enterprises in China, 2015
- Single-unit Production Capacity of Major Nano Metal Powder Enterprises in China, 2015
- Market Price of Nano Metal Powder Products in China
- Global Catalyst Market Size, 2013-2016
- Ammonia Production Capacity by Region, 2009-2016
- Revenue and YoY Growth of China Catalyst Industry, 2011-2016
- Market Size and Growth Rate of Global 3D Printing, 2010-2015
- Market Size Percentage of 3D Printing Worldwide by Industry Chain Link, 2014
- Major 3D Printing Enterprises and Their Scientific Research Team in China
- China’s 3D Printing Market Size and Growth Rate, 2012-2016
- Global Nanocoating Market Demand and Market Size, 2013-2020E
- China’s Large and Medium-sized Civil Aircraft Aero-engine Market Demand in the Next Two Decades
- China’s Military Aircraft Aero-engine Market Demand in the Next Two Decades
- China's Lubricant Output and Apparent Consumption, 2012-2020E
- Number of Military Aircrafts Worldwide, 2008-2013
- Deliveries and Growth Rate of NATO’sMilitary Aircraft, 2008-2018E
- Global Output of Missiles and Output of Top 3 Companies, 2014-2020E
- Revenue, Net Income and R&D Cost of QSI, 2012-2016
- Tekna’s Business Model
- Nano Powder Products of SipingGaoSida Nano Material and Equipment
- Revenue and Gross Margin of SipingGaoSida Nano Material and Equipment, 2011-2015
- Revenue Structure of SipingGaoSida Nano Material and Equipment, 2013
- Patent List of SipingGaoSida Nano Material and Equipment
- Main Nano Powder Products and Their Performance of Henan Pingqi Nano Material
- Main Nano Metal Powder Products and Their Performance of KunshanZhongju Nano New Material
- Revenue and Gross Margin of KunshanZhongju Nano New Material, 2011-2015
- Performance and Price of Nano Metal Powder and Metallic Oxide Product of Nanjing Emperor Nano
- Product Performance and Price of Nano-compounds and Nano Rare Earth Metal Oxide of Nanjing Emperor Nano
- Main Nano Powder Products and Their Performance of Hefei Kaier Nanometer
- Revenue and Gross Margin of Hefei Kaier Nanometer, 203-2015
- Patents of Hefei Kaier Nanometer
- Nano Metal Powder Products and Their Performance of Shanghai ChaoWei Nanotechnology
- Nano Metal Powder Products and Their Performance of Nanjing XFNANO Materials
- Main Nano Metal Products and Their Performance of Hefei Quantum Quelle Nano
- Nano Metal Powder Consumption Structure in China, 2015 and 2020E
- Competitiveness of Major Nano Metal Powder Manufacturers in China
- Hefei Kaier Nanometer Energy & Technology Co., Ltd.
- Hefei Quantum Quelle Nano Science and Technology Co., Ltd.
- Henan Pingqi Nano Material Co., Ltd.
- Hoganas Group
- KaipingKede Nanomaterials Co. Ltd.
- Kunshan Zhongju Nano New Material Co., Ltd. (subsidiary of Miyou Group)
- Nanjing Emperor Nano Material Co., Ltd.
- Nanjing XFNANO Materials Tech Co., Ltd.
- Ningbo Guangbo New Nanomaterials Stock Co., Ltd.
- Powdermet, Inc.
- QuantumSphere, Inc. (QSI)
- Shandong Zhengyuan Nanometer Materials Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai ChaoWei Nanotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Siping GaoSida Nano Material and Equipment Ltd.