The growth in the global high voltage switchgear market is underpinned by the presence of favourable power industry reforms aimed at the renovation and expansion of the transmission and distribution sector. Rapid industrialization and urbanization have also spurred the need for new and more effective reforms and the demand for more advanced technologies. Moreover, the rising adoption of smart grid technology has had an impressive impact on the switchgear market. In addition to this, the increase in expenditure on renewable sources of energy has also contributed to the growth of the high voltage switchgear market. Furthermore, the proposal for long distance, high-voltage direct current (HVDC) transmission is expected to boost the market for switchgear in the coming years.
On the flipside, though, volatile nature of raw material prices, issues pertaining to counter terrorism and cyber security, and the growing grey market that offers low-quality products at cheap prices, threaten to inhibit the development of the switchgear market.
High-voltage switchgear is used in power utilities and is installed in high-voltage substations. It is further classified as air-insulated switchgear and gas-insulated switchgear. Asia-Pacific dominates the high voltage switchgear market, surpassing North America, Europe, and the Rest of the World in terms of demand. China has emerged as the leader in the market, with a growing demand for high voltage switchgears. This market is fuelled by the rising investment in alternative energy sources. More focus on renewable power generation in countries of Europe and North America is expected to give rise to new opportunities in the high voltage switchgears market.
The report comprehensively analyzes the high voltage switchgear market by segmenting it based on the type and geography. Key drivers and restraints that are affecting the growth of this market are also discussed in detail. The study also elucidates on the competitive landscape and key market players.
What the Report Offers
- Market analysis for the global high voltage switchgear market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market overview and identification of key drivers and restraints that influence the studied market.
- Identification of macro and micro factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and rising prospective opportunities globally and regionally.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and also identify the regions that are still untapped.
- Demand forecast for every segment of the studied market for the projected period.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies and their market share.
- Analysis of the current strategic interests and financial information of the major companies, along with the strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Base Currency
1.4 Review and Forecast Period Years
1.5 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Econometric Forecast Model
2.4 Research Assumptions
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Inferences
5. Market Overview and Industry Trends
5.1 Current Market Scenario
5.2 Technology Overview
5.3 Recent Developments
5.4 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
5.5 Porters Five Forces
5.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.5.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
6. Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
6.1 Market Drivers
6.1.1 Rapid Industrialization
6.1.2 Increase in expenditure on renewable sources of energy
6.2 Market Restraints
6.2.1 Low Quality switchgears available at cheap prices
6.3.1 New Technology Innovations
7. Global High Voltage Switchgear Market, Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Equipment Manufacturers
7.3 Service Providers
8. Global High Voltage Switchgear Market, By Region
8.1 North America
8.1.2 Major Countries
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 Gulf of Mexico
8.2.2 Major Countries
184.108.40.206 Other Countries
8.3.2 Major Countries
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 The Netherlands
22.214.171.124 North Sea
126.96.36.199 Other Countries
8.4 South and Central America
8.4.2 Major Countries
188.8.131.52 Other Countries
8.5 Middle East and Africa
8.5.2 Major Countries
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 Other Countries
9. Global High Voltage Switchgear Market, By Type
9.1 Air Insulated Switchgear
9.2 Gas Insulated Switchgear
10. Key Company Analysis
10.1 ABB Ltd.
10.2 Alstom SA
10.3 Crompton Greaves Ltd.
10.4 GE Co
10.5 Hyosung Power & Industrial Systems Performance Group
10.6 Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
10.8 OJSC Power
10.9 Eaton Corp
11.1 Contact Us