Syngas is produced using various technologies and gasifier types. In the Europe syngas market report, we have considered the following technologies: Steam Reforming, Partial Oxidation, Auto-thermal Reforming, Combined or Two-step Reforming, and Biomass Gasification; and the following gasifier types: Fixed bed, Entrained flow, and Fluidized bed gasifier. The market has also been segmented on the basis of feedstock used into Coal, Natural gas, Petroleum, Petcoke, and Biomass.
Syngas, in the recent years, has become an integral part of various applications in major industrial and commercial sectors. In the Europe Syngas market report, we have taken the following major end-user sectors into consideration: Power generation, Chemicals, Liquid fuels, and Gaseous fuels. The chemicals end-user segment accounted for the maximum consumption share in the Europe Syngas market in 2015, and has been sub-segmented into Methanol, Ammonia, Oxo chemicals, N-butanol, Hydrogen, and Dimethyl ether.
This market is driven by a number of factors, such as increased usage for chemical production, flexibility in feedstock, and stringent environmental regulations. However, this market faces certain drawbacks, primarily the sizeable initial capital investment and funding, which may act as a roadblock to the growth of the market.
The market has also been geographically segmented on the basis of consumption. The regional analysis includes Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, Nordic Countries, the Netherlands, and Rest of Europe. Germany is the current leader in Europe for syngas production, with more than 12 syngas plants for the production of gaseous fuel and chemicals. The country is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~8.05% during the forecast period. The large majority of the operating plants in the country are petroleum-based and produce chemicals.
The growing utilization of biomass/waste and underground coal gasification technology, will offer numerous opportunities in the growth of the Europe Syngas market. The market for Synthesis Gas is dominated by large multinationals such as BP Global and Royal Dutch Shell. Other key industry participants include Yara International, Foster Wheeler AG, OXEA GmbH, Technip SA, etc.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Europe Syngas Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on Europe and regional scales
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a Europe and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Europe Syngas market on both Europe and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Synthesis Gas (Syngas) Market
3.1 Market Definition
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Current Market Scenario
3.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Model
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increased Usage for Chemical Production
4.1.2 Flexibility in Feedstock
4.1.3 Environmental Regulations
4.2.1 Sizeable Capital Investment and Funding
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3.1 Utilization of biomass/waste
4.3.2 Underground Coal Gasification Technology
4.4 Upcoming Projects
5. Syngas Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By End-use
5.1.1 Power generation
18.104.22.168 Oxo chemicals
22.214.171.124 Dimethyl ether
5.1.3 Liquid fuels
5.1.4 Gaseous fuels
5.2 By Feedstock
5.2.2 Natural gas
5.3 By Technology
5.3.1 Steam Reforming
5.3.2 Partial Oxidation
5.3.3 Autothermal Reforming
5.3.4 Combined or Two-step Reforming
5.3.5 Biomass Gasification
5.4 By Gasifier Type
5.4.1 Fixed bed
5.4.2 Entrained flow
5.4.3 Fluidized bed
6. Regional Market Analaysis
6.2 United Kingdom
6.4 Nordic Countries
6.6 Rest of Europe
7. Future of the Market
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers and Acquisition
8.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
8.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Company Profiles
9.1 Agrium Inc.
9.3 BP Global
9.4 CF Industries Holdings Inc.
9.5 ConocoPhillips Co.
9.8 Foster Wheeler AG
9.9 General Electric
9.10 Haldor Topsoe
9.11 KBR, Inc.
9.12 Linc Energy Ltd.
9.13 Linde Group
9.16 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd.
9.17 Nippon Shokubai Co. Ltd.
9.18 OXEA GmbH
9.19 Royal Dutch Shell
9.20 Sasol Ltd.
9.21 Siemens AG
9.22 SynGas Technology LLC
9.23 Technip SA