The Japanese Bakery and Cereals market is forecast to register marginally higher growth in value as well as volume terms during 2015-2020. The Bread and Rolls category has the highest volume share in the overall Bakery and Cereals market while the Cereal Bars category is forecast to register fastest value growth during 2015-2020. Demand for Bakery and Cereals products with new flavors and unique ingredients is high in Japan as a considerable number of Japanese consumers like to try new and novel grocery products. Going forwards demand for premium products will rise as Japanese consumers are willing to trade up to maximize their taste sensations.
- The Bakery and Cereals market in Japan is expected to register marginally higher growth in value terms during 2015-2020 as compared to 2010-2015.
- The Japanese consumers are opting for value for money products in the Bakery and Cereals market.
- The Cereal Bars category is forecast to register fastest value growth among all categories during 2015-2020.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets and Convenience Store are the leading distribution channels in the Japanese Bakery and Cereals market.
- Calorie Mate and Balance Up are the most popular brands in the Cereal Bars category in both value and volume terms.
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the Bakery and Cereals market in Japan.
The Consumer and Market Insights report on the Bakery and Cereals market in Japan provides insights on high growth categories to target trends in the usage of packaging materials types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Baking Mixes Baking Ingredients Bread and Rolls Breakfast Cereals Cakes Pastries and Sweet Pies Dough Products Cereal Bars Energy Bars Cookies (Sweet Biscuits) Savory Biscuits Morning Goods with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets Convenience Stores Food and Drinks Specialists and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging Paper and Board Rigid Plastics and others; container data for: Bag/Sachet Film Tray and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Bakery and Cereals products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy:
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Bakery and Cereals products consumption and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years resulting in revenue expansion
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators -GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
- Retail and foodservice figures -Key Takeaways
Market Overview, Consumer Demographics and Pricing Analysis
- Value and volume analysis for Japan's Bakery and Cereals market
- Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on Japan's Bakery and Cereals market
- Degree of trade up/down in Japan's Bakery and Cereals market
- Volume analysis by category
- Market value and growth rates, by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
- Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
- Volume consumption analysis by gender, age, education and urbanization -at category level
- Inter-country comparison of average price per kg by category
- Top variants and pack size distribution analysis
- Retailer price dynamics
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in Japan's Food market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in Japan's Bakery and Cereals market
- Leading distribution channels ((value terms) by category
- Market share of leading brands (in value and volume terms) by category and segment
- Penetration of private label by category in Japan's Bakery and Cereals market
- Private label growth (in value terms) compared to brands
Health and Wellness analysis
- Value of Health & Wellness claims by category
- Key Health & Wellness product attributes driving sales
- Key Health & Wellness consumer benefits driving sales
- Key Health & Wellness companies and market share
- Bakery and Cereals market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Bakery and Cereals market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Bakery and Cereals market by type of packaging, forecast(in volume terms)
Consumer trend analysis
- ’s consumer trend framework and explanation of the sub-trends
- For key trends in Japan's Bakery and Cereals market:
- How the trend is influencing consumption in Japan's Bakery and Cereals market
- How to target the trend in Japan's Bakery and Cereals market
- How the trend will evolve in Japan's Bakery and Cereals market
- Key target demographic and the rate at which the trend will evolve
- What are the key drivers that will influence growth of Bakery and Cereals market in the future
- New products launched in Japan's Bakery and Cereals market
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Consumer Demographics data
- Sector Overview
- Segment data
- Health & Wellness data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
- Health & Wellness definitions
- Explanation of sub-trends
List of Tables
Table 1: Country Indicators -overall food value and volume, 2015
Table 2: Market value analysis in JPY and US$, 2010-2020
Table 3: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 4: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to JPY
Table 5: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 6: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 7: Average price per kg comparison by categories
Table 8: Retailer price dynamics (includes % difference from average price)
Table 9: Leading retailers
Table 10: Leading brands by segments, 2015
Table 11: Leading brands by category, 2015
Table 12: Key Health & Wellness product attributes driving sales, 2015
Table 13: Key Health & Wellness consumer benefits driving sales, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Foodservice transactions by sectors, profit and cost, 2015
Figure 3: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 4: Consumers purchase behavior -Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 5: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 6: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 7: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 8: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 9: Category volume consumption by age, gender, education and urbanisation,2015
Figure 10: Leading distribution channels, overall Food, 2011-2014
Figure 11: Leading distribution channels, overall Bakery and Cereals market, 2015
Figure 12: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 13: Brand share analysis by category (by value and volume), 2015
Figure 14: Private label penetration by category, 2015
Figure 15: Private label and brand share growth, 2012-2015
Figure 16: Value of key Health & Wellness claims, by category, 2010-2020
Figure 17: Leading Health & Wellness companies by category, 2015
Figure 18: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 19:Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020
- Meidi-Ya Singapore Co (Pte) Ltd.
- Morinaga and Company Ltd.
- Nissin Food Holdings Co. LTD
- Andersen Co Ltd
- Fuji Baking Group
- Pasco Shikishima Corporation
- yamazaki Baking Co. Ltd.
- Calbee Inc.
- Nihonshokuhin Ltd
- The kellogg company
- Kobeya Baking Co Ltd
- Lotte Co. Ltd.
- Asahi Group
- Ezaki Glico co. Ltd
- Otsuka Holdings Co. Ltd
- Bourbon Corpation Japan
- Fujiya Food Service Co. Ltd.
- ISHIYA CO. Ltd.
- Ito Biscuits Co.,Ltd
- Kabaya Food corporation
- Kraft Foods Group Inc.
- Meiji Holdings Co. Ltd
- Mondelez International Inc
- Nanao confectionery Co
- Takara Shoji Co.,Ltd
- Tohato Inc.
- United Biscuits Ltd
- Vieira de Castro Produtos Alimentares SA.