The DIY Tools and Security market is facing severe headwinds from consumers' lack of skills and confidence in tackling DIY projects. It is also being held back by the rise of 'Generation Rent' and consumers' preference, if they have the money, to bring in tradesmen to tackle home improvement tasks. This report provides an overview of the major issues currently affecting the tools and security market in the UK market.
- The DIY Tools and Security market is facing severe headwinds from consumers' lack of skills and confidence in tackling DIY projects. It is also being held back by the rise of 'Generation Rent' and consumers' preference, if they have the money, to bring in tradesmen to tackle home improvement tasks.
- The market is set to contract by 0.5% in 2016, led by a fall in the value of sales of power tools, driven by contracting volumes. Non-power tools will be less hard hit, while security products will see growth. However, from 2017 there will be a recovery in line with the housing market recovery.
- BandQ remains the market leader in DIY Tools and Security, but is gradually losing ground as its share is eroded by online players such as Amazon and eBay, and by budget general merchandisers such as Wilko.
- Some 52.3% of consumers bought products in this category in the last year, with the main reasons for purchasing being maintenance, repair and refurbishment. DIY tools and security products are much more popular among men than women and among under 35s, possibly due to first time purchases
A Home Retail Series Report, provides expert insight into the tool and security market, with forecasts of values and volumes up to 2021. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the UK market, analyzing key trends in the market based consumer data from the author's survey.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Market size and forecast; a look at the total market size and forecast size for the tools and security market.
- Retail profiles; a detailed look at the dominant players including market shares and outlooks.
- Consumer; a detailed looks at what, how and where people are buying tolls and security products.
Reasons To Buy
- This report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the tools and security market based on insights from within consumer data and expert insight.
- The report boasts presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help manufacturers and retailers to understand and succeed in the challenging wear and tear parts market.