The advent of the internet has introduced international fashion trends to even the most remote locations, which is fuelling demand for the latest fashion across the globe. During 2015-2020, clothing and footwear sales will witness value growth of US$411.5 Billion, driven by rising per capita expenditure on clothing and footwear from the emerging middle-class cohort, young working professionals and expansion of the online channel.
As of 2015, clothing, footwear, accessories, and luxury goods specialists compromise the largest channel in the category at a share of 59.2% in global clothing and footwear sales. However, discount stores and online channels are growing rapidly and will increase their share in global clothing & footwear sales.
The US is the largest clothing & footwear market globally, with total sales of US$368.2 Billion in 2015. Low prices and high discounts offered by online and discount stores are attracting more customers in the US. Unfavorable economic conditions have altered consumer behavior and many now look for cheaper options. By 2020, China is set to close the gap with US$420.2 Billion in sales against US$420.9 Billion in sales in the US. Growth in the Chinese market will be underpinned by rising purchasing power of the Chinese middle-class population, growing fashion awareness, expansion of the retail network, and an increase in luxury spending. In the short-term, economic uncertainty and currency devaluation will affect consumer sentiment and spending on the clothing and footwear category in China.
Growth in global clothing and footwear market will mainly be driven by increasing demand from emerging markets, growth of value clothing and fast fashion, and continued robust sales from the online channel. Economic uncertainties in key markets will result in shoppers increasing their savings, driving sales for value retailers and discounters. On the contrary, clothing and footwear brands will increase their presence in high growth potential markets, such as India and Indonesia, with growing middle-income populations, young urban professionals and rising fashion awareness.
The report “Global Clothing and Footwear Retailing, 2015-2020; Market Dynamics, Retail Trends, and Competitive Landscape” provides comprehensive analysis of global clothing and footwear retail sales across different channels and also covers current and forecast retail sales data for the category in 50 countries.
In particular, it provides the following analysis:
- Provides detailed analysis of current market sizes and forecasts for 2020 by country with an assortment of charts that ranks countries based on market size, growth rate, value growth and channel sales.
- Helps you to understand the retail sales and fastest-growing markets for the category group. Additionally, it provides sales breakdown for individual sub-categories: women’s wear, men’s wear, children’s wear, women’s footwear, men’s footwear, children’s footwear
- Provides qualitative and quantitative insights of changing clothing and footwear’s retail dynamics across various channels.
- Provides a comprehensive analysis about retail sales, market share and growth rate of channels included: clothing accessories and luxury goods specialists, department stores, online, hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters, discount stores, value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers, duty free retailers, and others.
2. Global clothing and footwear retailing 2015-2020
3. Executive Summary
4. Global clothing and footwear retailing –The market
7. Clothing and footwear retailing –The Americas
8. Data Analysis
9. Trends, retailers, and retail innovations
10. Clothing and footwear retailing –Europe
11. Data Analysis
12. Trends, retailers, and retail innovations
13. Clothing and footwear retailing –Asia–Pacific
14. Data Analysis
15. Trends, retailers, and retail innovations
16. Clothing and footwear retailing –MiddleEast and Africa
17. Data Analysis
18. Trends, retailers, and retail innovations
- Belle International
- Benetton Group S.p.A.
- Esprit Holdings
- Forever 21
- Marks and Spencer
- Mr Price
- New Look
- New World Department Store China Limited
- Pep Stores
- Renner Riachuelo
- TJ Maxx
- TK Maxx
- Tesco's FandF
- The Gap
- Wal-Mart's George