Objectives of the Presentation
- Define strategic planning and the benefits to an organization
- Understand Balanced Scorecard strategic planning methodology
- Identify benefits of Balanced Scorecard
- Learn approach to design, communicate and execute strategy
- Learn to align resources, behaviors and actions
- Make strategies easier to manage
- Create ownership and engagement
Why Should you Attend:
A scorecard is an important tool that enables an organization to align business activities with its vision and strategy, gain buy in from key stakeholders, improve internal and external communications and monitor its performance against strategic goals. Translating an organization’s mission, vision and values into a more tactical plan that includes a number of leaders and staff can be an intimidating process, but having a balanced scorecard can help your organization move forward in a meaningful, strategic way. Attend this training to gain an understanding of the Balanced Scorecard methodology.
The Balanced Scorecard was developed by Drs. Robert Kaplan (Harvard Business School) and David Norton as a framework to measure performance. Their approach included non-financial strategic performance measures to traditional financial metrics in order to give managers and executives a more 'balanced' view of organizational performance. It is a strategic planning and management system that is used extensively in business and industry, government, and nonprofit organizations worldwide to align business activities to the vision and strategy of the organization, improve internal and external communications and monitor organization performance against strategic goals.
- What gets measured gets managed
- The Balanced Scorecard methodology & its history
- Benefits of Balanced Scorecard
- Executing Balanced Scorecard
- Aligning resources, behaviors and actions
- Creating ownership and engagement
Impact Performance Solutions
As CEO of Impact Performance Solutions, Chris provides vision and strategic direction ensuring the customer's voice is always the loudest. She is a proven business performance improvement leader and sought after speaker. Chris is a full spectrum coach and trainer with practical experience from the shop floor to the boardroom. She has partnered with companies such as Dannon, ITT, Pepperidge Farms, and Thermo Fisher where she utilizes integrated process improvement techniques that emphasize engaging the workforce, meeting objectives and sustaining results. She is an active Fellow of ASQ and currently Chair for the Lean Enterprise Division.
Chris has served in various management positions that focused on continuous improvement throughout her career including Quality and Continuous Improvement Manager at Chromalox and Sr. Project Manager with the Manufacturing Extension Partnership under NIST. She has also served as adjunct faculty at Utah Valley University. Chris has an MBA as well as an undergrad degree in Project Management with certifications as an ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB), Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt (LSSMBB), Quality Engineer (CQE), Quality Auditor (CQA), Manager of Quality / Operational Excellence (CMQ/OE), Project Management Specialist, Human Resource Development specialist, Organizational Systems Improvement Specialist, as well as bronze certification in Lean (LBC).
- Those responsible for achieving objectives
- Executives / Senior Leaders
- Mid-level managers responsible to gain engagement from direct reports
- Senior Management
- Vice President
- Assistance Vice President
- Senior Managers
- HR Managers