Objectives of the Presentation:
- Explain the corporate accounting cycle and use of various reporting methodologies
- Set up dashboard reporting tools
- Implement the tools needed for accounting and reporting corporate finance
Why Should you Attend:
Businesses need leaders to be effective in deploying resources and guiding operations to reach goals in the most effective way. Organizations need everyone to understand the corporate mission and strategy to make sure all resources are pulling together in the right direction. The controller should help steer the ship and help deliver better decision-making methods and opportunities to the leadership team.
Prepare yourself to take on the role of the Corporate Controller. Your career path offers you the opportunity to step into this position, but it comes with risks. Do you really know what it takes to move up to this highly visible role? Sure, you may be the chief accounting officer, the keeper of the data. And you know how to close and produce the primary financial reports. You may even provide the tools to help leadership plan the budget for the next twelve months. But do you have a firm and confident grasp of all your other responsibilities? Invest in your future and join this class, the second in a three-part series, to learn more about the technical requirements to successfully serve in this key position.
- The range of reporting opportunities afforded by the Controller
- Reporting opportunities and challenges
- Handling difficult reports with readers
- Dashboard Reporting and Key Performance Indicators
- Performance Dashboards - organizational and technical readiness
- How to create an effective KPI team
- What to measure
- Examples of effective KPI dashboards
- Balanced Scorecards - how do they fit with dashboard reporting
Mr Miles Hutchinson,
Sales Tax Advisors, Inc
Miles Hutchinson is a CGMA (Chartered Global Management Accountant) and experienced businessman. He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a $1 billion real estate development company. Miles is a professional speaker and consultant who has presented over 2,000 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business and financial topics, like financial analysis and modeling, accounting, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. He has over 35 years of practical experience in strategic planning, analysis and reporting. He is the author of several useful reporting and tax tools available at www.soxpolicies.com and www.salestaxadvisors.com. His clients include, Abbott Labs, Bank of America, Boston Scientific, Citicorp, Corning, the FBI, the FDA, the Federal Reserve, GE, Pfizer, Siemens, US Marine Corps, and the US Army. Please visit his web sites to see how you can further benefit from his expertise.