Project Management, Planning and Control, Managing Engineering, Construction and Manufacturing Projects to PMI, APM and BSI Standards, Seventh Editions an established and widely recommended project management handbook.
Building on its clear and detailed coverage of planning, scheduling and control, this seventh edition includes new advice on information management, including big data, communication, dispute resolution, project governance, and BIM.
Ideal for those studying for Project Management Professional (PMP) qualifications, the book is aligned with the latest Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) for both the Project Management Institute (PMI) and the Association of Project Management (APM), and includes questions and answers to help users test their understanding.
- Includes new sections on data collection and use, including big data
- Contains major updates to sections on governance, adjudication, BIM, and agile project management
- Focused on the needs and challenges of project managers in engineering, manufacturing and construction, and closely aligned to the content of the APM and PMI 'bodies of knowledge'
- Provides project management questions and answers compiled by a former APM exam assessor
1. Project Definition 2. Project Management 3. Programme and Portfolio Management 4. Project Context (Project Environment) 5. Business Case 6. Investment Appraisal 7. Stakeholder Management 8. Project-Success Criteria 9. Organization Structures 10. Organization Roles 11. Project Life Cycles 12. Work Breakdown Structures 13. Estimating 14. Project Management Plan 15. Risk Management 16. Quality Management 17. Change Management 18. Configuration Management 19. Basic Network Principles 20. Planning Blocks and Subdivision of Blocks 21. Arithmetical Analysis and Floats 22. The Case for Manual Analysis 23. Lester Diagram 24. Graphical and Computer Analysis 25. Milestones and Line of Balance 26. Simple Examples 27. Progress Reporting 28. Project Management and Network Planning 29. Network Applications Outside the Construction Industry 30. Resource Loading 31. Cash-Flow Forecasting 32. Cost Control and EVA 33. Control Graphs and Reports 34. Procurement 35. Value Management 36. Health, Safety and Environment 37. Information Management 38. Communication 39. Team Building and Motivation 40. Leadership 41. Negotiation 42. Conflict Management and Dispute Resolution 43. Governance 44. Project Close-Out and Handover 45. Project Close-Out Report and Review 46. Stages and Sequence 47. Worked Example 1: Bungalow 48. Worked Example 2: Pumping Installation 49. Worked Example 3: Motor Car 50. Worked Example 4: Battle Tank 51. Primavera P6 52. Building Information Modelling (BIM)
Albert Lester is a Chartered Engineer with a lifetime's experience of project management in engineering design and construction. He has taught and lectured widely on the topic and is a regular member of panels developing new project management standards and syllabuses.