Nanotechnology Applications in Food: Flavor, Stability, Nutrition, and Safety is an up-to-date, practical, applications-based reference that discusses the advantages and disadvantages of each application to help researchers, scientists, and bioengineers know what and what not to do to improve and facilitate the production of food ingredients and monitor food safety.
The book offers a broad spectrum of topics trending in the food industry, such as pharmaceutical, biomedical, and antimicrobial approaches in food, highlighting current concerns regarding safety, regulations, and the restricted use of nanomaterials.
- Includes how nanobiosensors are useful for the detection of foodborne pathogens
- Discusses applications of nanotechnology from flavor and nutrition, to stability and safety in packaging
- Includes nano and microencapsulation, nanoemulsions, nanosensors, and nano delivery systems
- Identifies practical applications of nanoscience for use in industry today
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. A Key for the Future of the Flavors in Food Industry: Nanoencapsulation and Microencapsulation 2. Nanotechnology in Bioactive Food Ingredients: Its Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Approaches 3. Scope of Nanotechnology in Nutraceuticals 4. Strategic Design of Delivery Systems for Nutraceuticals 5. Nanoemulsions and Their Stability for Enhancing Functional Properties of Food Ingredients 6. Nanoemulsions: A New Approach for Enhancing Phytonutrient Efficacy 7. Technological Aspects of Nanoemulsions and Their Applications in the Food Sector 8. Polyhydroxyalkanoates in the Food Packaging Industry 9. Nano-delivery Systems for Nutraceutical Application 10. Nanoemulsification Technology in Improving Bioavailability of Lipophilic Functional Food-Grade Ingredients and Quality of Food Products 11. Nanoantimicrobials in Food Industry 12. Nanotechnology in Microbial Food Safety 13. Recent Advances in Molecular Techniques for the Diagnosis of Foodborne Diseases 14. Intelligent Systems in the Food Packaging Industry: Contaminant Sensors and Security/Anticounterfeiting Devices 15. Nanosensors for the Detection of Food Contaminants 16. Nano Devices for Contaminant Detection 17. Impact of Bacterial Nanocellulose on the Rheological and Textural Characteristics of Low-Lipid Meat Emulsions 18. Bionanocomposites for Food Packaging Applications 19. Plant Stress Signaling Through Corresponding Nanobiotechnology
Alexandru Mihai Grumezescu is a lecturer in the Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, at the Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science, Politehnica University of Bucharest, Romania. He is an experienced researcher and published editor in the field of nano and biostructures. He is the editor-in-chief of two international open access journals: Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry, Letters and Applied NanoBioScience. Dr. Grumezescu has published more than 200 peer-reviewed papers, authored nine books, and has served as an editor for more than 50 scholarly books.
Oprea, Alexandra Elena