Validating Preventive Food Safety and Quality Controls: An Organizational Approach to System Design and Implementation is a how-to-guide for food industry personnel providing essential preventative control system guidance to help design and implement scientifically verifiable food safety controls in food processes. This reference includes proven tools and techniques to move positively towards the validating preventive control challenges that the food industry is facing, and helps implement compliance strategies to adhere to the food safety and modernization act requirements.
- Covers a systematic strategy for validating preventive controls
- Presents ways to learn how to improve control over suppliers and includes strategies to evaluate food risk and supplier performance
- Prepares your business to comply with changing food safety and quality planning, standards, and audits
- Includes Chipotle case study which challenges students to plan a valid preventive system
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Background: Understanding common and assignable causes, laws, and costs 2. Teams and teamwork for validating preventive food safety and quality control 3. Environmental monitoring and sampling 4. Developing a preventive controls plan: Food safety and quality 5. Preventive system data analysis strategies for common and assignable causes 6. Preventing cross-contamination through the supply chain 7. Supplier preventive controls and solutions 8. Cycle time analysis in preventive food safety and quality control practices 9. Other critical preventive control issues, concepts and validation concerns 10. Step-by-step implementation of your valid food safety and quality preventive control system 11. Case study Chipotle: Common cause failures
Dr. John Ryan was the Administrator for the Hawaii State Department of Agriculture's Quality Assurance Division. He was responsible for developing food safety and traceability systems within the state of Hawaii. Dr. Ryan piloted the USA's first farm-to-fork award winning internet-enabled RFID food traceability system and one of America's early high-technology sensor based temperature control supply chain food safety system. He has recently worked with a number of international companies to establish real-time international food traceability that reports trans-Pacific transportation temperatures and tests for bacteria, explosives and container tampering. He spent two years as co-team leader for President Obama's FDA/CDC Information Technology team and also served on the FDA Performance Management and Standards Developments team. He is the president of Ryan Systems, located in Canyon Lake, CA.