Practical Guide to Vegetable Oil Processing, Second Edition, includes an up-to-date summary of the basic principles of edible oil refining, processing, and deodorizing, serving as a hands-on training manual for chemists, engineers, and managers new to the industry.
The 15-chapter book includes current information on the bleaching of green oils and coconut oil, quality requirements for frying oil applications, and more. Written for the non-chemist new to the industry, the book makes it simple to apply these important concepts for the edible oil industry.
- Provides insights to the challenges of bleaching very green oils
- Includes new deodorizer designs and performance measures
- Offers insights on frying oil quality management
- Simple and easy-to-read language
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Requirement for Successful Production and Delivery of the Refined Vegetable Oils 2. Basic Oil Chemistry 3. Crude Oil Receiving, Storage, and Handling 4. Degumming 5. Refining 6. Bleaching 7. Hydrogenation 8. Deodorization 9. Finished Product Storage and Handling 10. Fundamentals of Fat Crystallization Related to Making Plastic and Pourable Shortenings 11. Winterization and Fractionation of Selected Vegetable Oils 12. Insight to Oil Quality Management 13. Trans Fat Alternatives and Challenges 14. Familiarization With Process Equipment 15. Loss Management 16. Plant Safety Procedures 17. Regulatory Agencies and Their Roles in a Vegetable Oil Plant
M. K. Gupta is the president and founder of MG Edible Oil Consulting International, Inc. He founded the company in 1998 utilizing his 45 years experience in the field of oil technology and food processing. He holds a Master's degree in chemical engineering from the University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida and was named Fellow at the American Oil Chemists Society (AOCS) in 2008.