What is Explosion Proof Lighting?
Explosion Proof lights are also known as Hazard Location Lights and Intrinsically Safe Lights. They are UL certified and comply with OSHA Safety Standards for use in areas where flammable petrochemical vapors and/or pulverized dust exist or have the potential to exist.
Explosion proof lights are designed in such a way so that they are able to isolate sparks within the unit to prevent explosions from escaping. This greatly minimizes the risk of the explosive reaction from spreading, or igniting volatile substances in the area, during an explosion. The products feature a thick casing that covers the lights, though it should be noted that the units are not air tight. Gas is forced take a long, complex route through various pathways and channels due to the design of the light; as it cools down the gas to a safer temperature.
Hazardous workplace conditions can be different at different industries and that means that a comprehensive rating system becomes necessary in order to ensure a safe work environment. Various explosion proof equipment are available including explosion proof light towers, explosion proof string lights, explosion proof exit signs, and various other versions of hazardous area lighting. The classification of equipment is important to understand in order to make an informed decision on which type of light is right for a specific workplace.
What are the major applications for Explosion Proof Lighting?
The various end users of explosion proof lighting include chemicals, Oil & gas, marine, mining, food & beverages, Industrial, military bases, airports and others. In chemicals, explosion proof lighting are used in various applications starting with primary production sage to the downstream in packaging stage, especially in harmful atmospheres, extreme climates and the areas that contain explosive gases.
Oil & Gas industry is the major end user for explosion proof equipment. Rigs that are used for drilling purpose in offshore require explosion proof lightings and also in various locations such as processing facilities, drilling rigs, offshore platforms and petroleum refineries. In Marine industry, Lighting products are used in ships and offshore applications are designed to operate safely and reliable in most hazardous and destructive environments for ship owners, shipyards, other marine applications.
Explosion proof lightings are used for the security and safety reasons in industrial facilities, which affect positively on the performance efficiency, while reducing risk of injuries and minimizing occurrence of failures.
Market Research and Market Trends of Explosion Proof Lighting Ecosystem
- Hazardous location LED fixtures are being made of durable copper-free aluminum frames with powdered epoxy finish. Tempered glass and corrosion resistant stainless steel, with heat sink technology dissipate thermal buildup for increased efficiency and performance. This combination of features ensures continuous operation of up to 100,000 hours in even the most intense environments. - SpecGrade LED is leading company which offers a range of explosion proof lights which incorporate above features.
- These special lights have to be tested and approved by strict regulations in different regions. UL844 is the official approval for these explosion-proof lights, in North American regions. Under UL844 regulations, different hazardous locations are defined by Class and Division systems like Class I Division 1 or Class I Division 2, Class II Division 1 or Class II Division 2. ATEX or IECEx is officially required certificate, In European regions.
- LED technology has proven to be a technical trend in explosion proof lights as it makes them more reliable, sturdy and cost-effective. Thus, manufacturing companies are focused to develop such solutions and also imply and incorporate the LED technology in their products to maximize their quality and standards.
- Companies in the oil and gas industry and the petrochemical industry are most likely to choose LED-based solutions because these products offer higher quality and greater safety, moreover they are also very cost-effective. Explosion-proof LED lighting might be the only choice in the future as mercury-vapor lighting is being banned by governments worldwide.
- Latest trend in the oil and gas industry is to go towards the new T8 LED tube lights and the LED floods. This trend is primarily being seen in the cold weather climates of the Canadian Oil Sands projects and the Oil fields of Wyoming and Utah area. They will work in -15 degree Celcius tempertures and much more responsive than the fluorescents or Metal Halides.
- There have been continuous attempts to improve energy efficiency. The building codes are also continuously being that require highly efficient lighting controls, connected lighting. Networked systems are able to analyze usage data to create optimizations that lower energy use and reduce lighting costs. In particular, IoT connected lighting is expected to see a large surge in popularity due to its flexibility, intelligence, and ability to be connected to other non-lighting systems.
Who are the Major Players in Explosion Proof Lighting market?
The players profiled in the report include GE Lighting, Hatch Transformers, Osram Sylvania, Philips Lighting Holding, Chamlit Lighting UK, Victor Lighting, WorkSIte Lighting
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
This report will be delivered within 2 business days.
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Explosion Proof Lighting Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Explosion Proof Lighting Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 8 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 8 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 8 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Explosion Proof Lighting Market Forces
4.4. Porters five force model
4.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
4.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
4.4.3. Threat of new entrants
4.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
4.4.5. Threat of substitutes
5. Explosion Proof Lighting Market - Strategic analysis
5.1. Value chain analysis
5.2. Opportunities analysis
5.3. Product life cycle
5.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
6. Explosion Proof Lighting Market – By Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
6.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
6.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
6.3. Product Segment Analysis
184.108.40.206. General Area
6.3.3. Small portable-type
220.127.116.11. Flash lights
18.104.22.168. Wearable headlamp
6.3.4. Specialty, Panel and Miscellaneous
7. Explosion Proof Lighting Market – By Light Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8. Explosion Proof Lighting Market – By Certifications (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9. Explosion Proof Lighting Market – By American Standard (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10. Explosion Proof Lighting Market – By Zone (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11. Explosion Proof Lighting – By End Use Industry(Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.1. Segment type Size and Market Share Analysis
11.2. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.3. Application Segment Analysis by Type
11.3.1. Power Plants
11.3.2. Pump Stations
11.3.4. Military Bases
11.3.6. Gas Stations
11.3.7. Oil Fields
11.3.8. Oil Platforms
11.3.9. Marine/Ship yard
12. Explosion Proof Lighting - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.1. Explosion Proof Lighting Market - North America Segment Research
12.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
12.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.2.2. Revenue and Trends
12.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
22.214.171.124. Rest of North America
12.3. Explosion Proof Lighting - South America Segment Research
12.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.4.2. Revenue and Trends
12.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. Costa Rica
188.8.131.52. Rest of South America
12.5. Explosion Proof Lighting - Europe Segment Research
12.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.6.2. Revenue and Trends
12.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
184.108.40.206. Rest of Europe
12.7. Explosion Proof Lighting – APAC Segment Research
12.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.8.2. Revenue and Trends
12.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
220.127.116.11. South Korea
13. Explosion Proof Lighting Market - Entropy
13.1. New product launches
13.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
14. Explosion Proof Lighting Market Company Analysis
14.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
14.2. GE Lighting
14.3. Hatch Transformers
14.4. Osram Sylvania
14.5. Philips Lighting Holding
14.6. Chamlit Lighting UK
14.7. Victor Lighting
15. Explosion Proof Lighting Market - Appendix
16. Explosion Proof Lighting Market - Methodology
16.1. Research Methodology
16.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
16.1.2. Industry Databases
16.1.4. Company News
16.1.5. Company Annual Reports
16.1.6. Application Trends
16.1.7. New Products and Product database
16.1.8. Company Transcripts
16.1.9. R&D Trends
16.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
16.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends