What is LiDAR?
LiDAR stands for light detection and ranging or it can also be defined as laser imaging detection and ranging It is a remote sensing method in which light is used in the form of a laser to measure variable distances to the earth. It is a combination of 3D scanning and laser scanning hence sometimes it can be defined as 3D laser scanning. LiDAR can be segmented into three types they are Solid-State LiDAR, Airborne LiDAR, and Terrestrial LiDAR. Some of the benefits of using LiDAR technology are the ability to capture large amounts of area in a relatively small amount of time and low requirement of manual labor. LiDAR mapping system uses the most convenient technique to cover or scan the area which is called as drone lidar survey. LiDAR systems collect information by sending thousands of pulses of light per second and by calculating the time it takes for the pulse to reach the LiDAR sensor. This results in the accurate analysis and 3D description of geometric structures.
LiDAR can provide accurate information even in the case of obstructions such as bridges and tunnels. LiDAR in automobiles is used in self-driving cars as it can provide visibility in all directions all the time. The precise distance of the objects in relation with the car can be precisely known through LiDAR technology. Geospatial industry is expected to witness significant growth when compared to other segments and is expected to reach $706.7 million by 2025. LiDAR systems that incorporate a micro electro mechanical system (MEMS) scanner have a high signal to background ratio which results in high performance.
This report incorporates an in-depth analysis of the LiDAR market by component, product type, software & services, market share, industry verticals, and geography. The major components of LiDAR technology in the scope of this report includes light source & detection, navigation and position systems. The market by product type has been presented into two sub-segments namely airborne and terrestrial.
What are the major applications for LiDAR technology?
The various industry verticals assessed in this report include automotive, environment, infrastructure & utilities, geospatial, transportation, and defense & aerospace industries among others. LiDAR technology is being used in both manned and unmanned aerial systems. They are also used in inertial navigation systems to calculate the exterior orientation and for geo-referencing and in military & law enforcement for vehicle speed measurement.
LiDAR technology is used for many applications in various domains such as archaeology, agriculture, infrastructure and automotive. They are majorly employed in high-resolution 3D cameras, handheld 3D scanner, corridor mapping, laser imaging software, drone lidar survey and so on. LiDAR technology finds its application in forest management which helps in measuring the vertical structure of the forests as well as mapping the ground beneath it. Airborne LiDAR is used in applications such as Flood modeling, pollution modeling, urban planning & management. They are extensively used for visualization in game developing and metrology due to their ability to recreate any kind of environment.
Market Research and Market Trends of LiDAR Ecosystem
- The advancements of latest technologies such as single-photon and Geiger-mode LiDAR is expected to change the market drastically in the near future as they are effective particularly in the aerial mapping
- In 2020, The United States Geological Survey (USGS) Broad Agency has announced the launch of 3D Elevation Program (3DEP) initiative according to which high quality topographic data and a wide range of three dimensional representations of the natural and constructed features of the country has to be gathered with the help of LiDAR technology over an 8 year period
- Scientists at National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) of the United States are planning to incorporate the usage LiDAR technology in order to increase the accuracy of the weather forecast
- LiDAR technology has provided enormous opportunities for autonomous cars as it can create 360 degrees high-resolution 3D view of the surrounding area and also developed products such as lidar rangefinder which offers accurate and fast ranging up to the wide distance. This is expected to have a huge impact on the market in the near future.
Who are the Major Players in the LiDAR market?
The companies referred to in the market research report include Faro Technologies Inc, Velodyne LiDAR, Leica Geosystems AG, Quanergy LiDAR Systems Inc, Riegl Laser Measurement Systems GmbH, Teledyne Technologies Inc and so on
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
This report will be delivered within 2 business days.
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. LiDAR Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. LiDAR Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. LiDAR Market Forces
4.4. Porters five force model
4.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
4.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
4.4.3. Threat of new entrants
4.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
4.4.5. Threat of substitutes
5. LiDAR Market -Strategic analysis
5.1. Value chain analysis
5.2. Opportunities analysis
5.3. Product life cycle
5.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
6. LiDAR Market – By Components (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
6.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
6.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
6.3. Product Segment Analysis
6.3.2. Laser Scanners
6.3.3. Navigation Systems
6.3.4. Positioning Systems
7. LiDAR Market – Product Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
7.2. Airborne LiDAR
7.3. Terrestrial LiDAR
7.3. Solid-State LiDAR
8. LiDAR Market – By Platform (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9. LiDAR Market – Software and Services (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.2. LiDAR Data Processing
9.3. Aerial Surveying
9.4. Asset Management
9.5. GIS Service
9.6. Ground-based Surveying
9.7. Mapping and Modelling
10. LiDAR Market – By Industry Verticals (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.3. Defense & Aerospace
10.4. Corridor Mapping
10.6. Infrastructure & Utilities
10.8.1. Forest Management
10.8.2. Coastline Management
10.8.4. Pollution Modelling
10.9.1. Oil & Gas
11. LiDAR Market – By End Use Applications(Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.1. Segment type Size and Market Share Analysis
11.2. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.3. Application Segment Analysis by Type
11.3.1. Geology and hazards
11.3.2. Forestry Survey and planning
11.3.4. Meteorology and Fire
11.3.5. Land Use and planning
11.3.6. Archeology Survey
11.3.7. Agriculture Mapping
11.3.8. Geospatial Mapping
12. LiDAR - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.1. LiDAR Market - North America Segment Research
12.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
12.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.2.2. Revenue and Trends
12.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
18.104.22.168. Rest of North America
12.3. LiDAR - South America Segment Research
12.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.4.2. Revenue and Trends
12.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
22.214.171.124. Costa Rica
126.96.36.199. Rest of South America
12.5. LiDAR - Europe Segment Research
12.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.6.2. Revenue and Trends
12.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
188.8.131.52. Rest of Europe
12.7. LiDAR – APAC Segment Research
12.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.8.2. Revenue and Trends
12.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
184.108.40.206. South Korea
13. LiDAR Market - Entropy
13.1. New product launches
13.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
14. LiDAR Market Company Analysis
14.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
14.2. Faro Technologies Inc
14.3. Leica Geosystems AG
14.4. Quanergy Systems, Inc
14.5. Riegl Laser Measurement Systems GmbH
14.6. Teledyne Technologies Inc
14.11. Company 10 and others
15. LiDAR Market -Appendix