The global market for RFID technologies should reach $38.0 billion by 2021 from $16.2 billion in 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.6%, from 2016 to 2021.
The tags, readers, and other hardware market should reach $27.5 billion by 2021 from $12.1 billion in 2016 at a CAGR of 17.9%, from 2016 to 2021.
The software and integration services market should reach $10.5 billion by 2021 from $4.1 billion in 2016 at a CAGR of 20.6%, from 2016 to 2021.
- An overview of the global markets, applications, and related technologies for RFID.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, estimates for 2016, and projections of CAGRs through 2021.
- Analysis of the importance of new technologies impacting the RFID industry.
- Coverage of the principal new RFID applications that are expected to be commercialized over the next five years.
- Perspective of the market from the standpoint of various end-users.
- Analysis of economic, business, regulatory, environmental, health, and other macro issues raised by projected trends in the size and structure of the RFID market.
- Details concerning the market's drivers, constraints, and opportunities.
- A relevant patent analysis.
- Profiles of major players in the field.
This report is an analytical business tool whose primary purpose is to describe and analyze the size and dynamics of the global market for RFID products and applications. Major sections of the report cover the following topics:
- Summary of findings and conclusions.
- Overview of the RFID industry.
- RFID technologies, applications and end users.
- Market size and segmentation in 2015.
- Market drivers and constraints.
- Detailed market projections by market segment, 2016 to 2021.
- Regulatory, environmental, and health issues
- Intellectual property (patent analysis)
The report has been written for the entire RFID interest community, including:
- Manufacturers, distributors and vendors of RFID equipment.
- RFID-oriented consultants and systems integrators.
- Regulatory, health, environmental and other government agencies concerned with RFID.
- The financial and analyst community.
- Study Goals And Objectives
- Intended Audience
- Scope Of Report
- Information Sources And Methodology
- Analyst's Credentials
2. Executive Summary
3. RFID Overview
- General Description Of RFID
- RFID Technologies
- End Users
- Overall Market Size And Segmentation
4. Identification And Security Applications
- Personnel Access Control/Monitoring
- Vehicle Entry And Control
- Retail Anti-Theft
- Hospital Patient/Staff Tracking
- Livestock/Animal Identification
- Travel Documents
- Highway Toll Collection
- Payment By Cellular Phones And Other Mobile Devices
- Other Types Of Contactless Payments
6. Materials Handling/Logistics
- Manufacturing Automation
- Supply Chain Management
- Warehouse Automation
- Shipment Tracking
- Blood Supply Monitoring
7. Asset Tracking
- Baggage Identification And Tracking
- Library Books
- Hospital Asset Tracking
- Cargo Container Tracking And Security
- Automatic Vehicle Identification
8. Military Applications
- Military Logistics Tracking And Security
- Other Military Applications
9. Other Applications
- Gaming, Sports And Entertainment
- Location-Based Services
- Smart Appliances
- Document Tracking
- Medication Adherence
10. RFID Regulations And Standards
- OECD RFID-Related Regulations
- European Union
- China's RFID Regulations
- U.S. RFID Regulations
- ISO Standards
- EPC Standards
11. Appendix One Patent Analysis
12. Company Profiles
Andrew McWilliams spent more than 25 years as a consultant with Ernst & Young, McKinsey & Company and A.T. Kearny focused on manufacturing before segueing into research analysis. He has been covering myriad technology categories for BCC Research for more than 15 years. McWilliams has a BA from Princeton University and an MA from Harvard University. He has worked in more than 40 countries and he resides in the greater Boston area.
- Aeroscout Industrials
- Alien Technology
- Allflex Inc.
- Applied Wireless Id
- Ascendent Id
- Avante International Technology Inc.
- Avery Dennison Corp.
- Awarepoint Corp.
- Axcess International Inc.
- Bartronics America Inc.
- Biomark Inc.
- Centrak Inc.
- Checkpoint Systems Inc.
- Clearcount Medical Solutions Inc.
- Datamars Sa
- Device Fidelity
- Enfucell Oy Ltd.
- Exavera Technologies Inc.
- Fortecho Solutions
- Gaming Partners International
- Globeranger Corp.
- Honeywell Scanning & Mobility
- I.D. Systems
- Information Mediary Corp.
- Inside Secure
- Laks Gmbh
- Libramation Library Systems
- Man Roland Web Systems
- Mark Andy Inc.
- Mine Site Technologies
- Nexperts Gmbh
- Nxp Semiconductors
- Oatsystems Inc.
- Polyic Gmbh & Co.
- Printronix Inc.
- Qinetiq Group Plc
- Quake Global
- Refine Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Rf Technologies
- Rfid Race Timing Systems
- Savi Technology
- Schenker-Seino Co. Ltd.
- Sensible Solutions Sweden Ab
- Sony Corp.
- Tagmaster Ab
- Tagsys Rfid
- Tekvet Technologies Co.
- Texas Instruments
- The Revenue Markets Inc.
- Thin Film Electronics Ab
- Tyco International Ltd.
- Versus Technology Inc.
- Watchdata Technologies
- Xaar Plc
- Xterprise Inc.
- Zebra Technologies Corp.