This study is derived from a survey of IT decision makers around the world across multiple industries. It provides insightful information on what drives investment in IT solutions, the IT-related challenges that organizations face today, and most importantly, plans for IT budgets. Technologies covered include Enterprise Mobility Management, Social Media Management & Marketing Tools, eCommerce/mCommerce, Unified Communications & Collaboration, Infrastructure and Data Centers, Big Data and Analytics, Digital Marketing, Customer Experience Management, Cybersecurity, Internet of Things (M2M), ERP/Supply Chain Management/HR Management.
There is a section on Internet of Things that explores drivers, challenges, and different phases of implementation. End user companies will be able to benchmark themselves with regard to IT investments while IT companies will learn how to gain a competitive advantage over the next few years.
Excerpts from study:
- The wholesale, distribution, and logistics industries are embracing digital transformation. With regard to the phase of Internet of Things (IoT) deployment, 47% of the respondents completed internal deployments while 40% provided live IoT services and 35% implemented small trials with customers, distributors, and suppliers. Most of the other industries we covered in our study were primarily in the watch and learn phase.
- Security risks and managing data protection and privacy requirements are the main restraints to deploying IoT. The drivers for investment in IoT include to collect customer usage data, boost customer service/marketing, and optimize field or on-site operations.
- In general, dealing with security threats, ensuring network stability/ reliability, and aligning IT with business strategies are top IT challenges in the wholesale, distribution and logistics industries.
- Gaining a competitive advantage and improving customer experience become more important factors in IT investment decisions over the next few years.
- Companies with high margins found social media management and marketing tools to have a greater impact on revenues than those with modest or moderate margins.
- Infrastructure and data centers, eCommerce/mCommerce, and social media management & marketing tools are the top three technologies that help manufacturing companies reduce costs.
- Cyber-crime, malware, and cyber espionage are the top three security concerns in the wholesale, distribution, and logistics industries.
1. Research Objectives
3. IT Decision Maker Profile
5. Organization’s Revenues Growth and Margin
2. Summary of Major Findings (continued)
2. Top Challenges for IT by Size of Organization
4. Top Challenges for IT by CEO and CIO
6. Top Challenges for IT by Organization’s Margin
8. Top Drivers for IT Investment in 2018 by Size of Organization
10. Top Drivers for IT Investment in 2018 by Organization’s Revenue Growth
12. Plans for Investment in IT
14. Top Technologies Impact on Revenues by Size of Organization
16. Top Technologies Impact on Revenues by Job Title
18. Top Technologies Impact on Revenues by Organization’s Margin
20. Top Technologies That Positively Impact Cost Reduction by Size of Organization
22. Top Technologies That Positively Impact Cost Reduction by Job Title
24. Top Technologies That Positively Impact Cost Reduction by Organization’s Margin
26. Top Security Concerns by Size of Organization
28. Top Security Concerns by Job Title
30. Top Security Concerns by Organization’s Margin
Opportunities for the Internet of Things
1. The Internet of Things Deployment Stages
3. Drivers for Investment in Internet of Things
5. Best Devices Vendors for the Internet of Things
7. Best Platform Provider for the Internet of Things
Trends in Cloud
1. Influences for Selecting a Cloud Provider
3. Percentage of Applications Moved to the Cloud
5. Satisfaction with Cloud-Based Solutions
Trends in Mobile & Wireless
1. Use of Mobile Devices
3. Enforcing BYOD Policies and Expectations for Future
2. Organization’s Approach to IT Investments by Organization’s Revenue Growth
4. IT Solutions Usage by Technology Adoption
2. 2015 vs 2016 IT Budget Allocation
4. Percentage of IT Budget Consumed by Top Three Communications Suppliers
6. CAPEX Vs. OPEX Spending
8. Legal Disclaimer