The Bakery and Cereals market in Malaysia is led by the Bread & Rolls category in both value and volume terms while Energy Bars is forecast to register the fastest growth among all categories during 2015-2020. Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel for Bakery and Cereal products in Malaysia while Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material. Consume search for new experiences encourages innovation in Bakery and Cereal products. Further changing lifestyle choices drives demand for ‘right-for-me’ products in Malaysia.
- The Bakery and Cereals market in Malaysia is forecast to register a CAGR of 4.3% during 2015-2020.
- The Energy Bars category is forecast to register the fastest volume growth during 2015-2020.
- Baking Mixes and Baking Ingredients categories are forecast to register similar value growth during 2015-2020.
- The Bread & Rolls category is expected to register maximum gain in market share during 2015-2020.
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in Malaysia's Food market.
- Jacob`s leads the Plain Crackers segment within the Savory Biscuits category.
- PepsiCo Inc. has a strong focus on Health & Wellness attributes in the Breakfast Cereals category.
The Consumer and Market Insights report on the Bakery and Cereals market in Malaysia provides insights on high growth categories to target trends in the usage of packaging materials types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Baking Mixes Baking Ingredients Bread & Rolls Breakfast Cereals Cakes Pastries & Sweet Pies Dough Products Cereal Bars Energy Bars Cookies (Sweet Biscuits) Savory Biscuits Morning Goods with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets Convenience Stores Food & Drinks Specialists and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging Paper & Board Rigid Plastics and others; container data for: Bag/Sachet Film Tray and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Bakery and Cereals products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy:
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Bakery and Cereals products consumption and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years resulting in revenue expansion
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators -GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
- Retail and foodservice figures -Key Takeaways
Market Overview and Consumer Demographics
- Value and volume analysis for Malaysia's Bakery and Cereals market
- Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on Malaysia’s Bakery and Cereals market
- Degree of trade up/down in Malaysia's Bakery and Cereals market
- Volume analysis by category
- Market value and growth rates, by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
- Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
- Average category level pricing
- Volume consumption analysis by gender, age, education and urbanization -at category level
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in Malaysia’s Food market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in Malaysia's Bakery and Cereals market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
- Market share of leading brands (in value and volume terms) by category and segment
- Penetration of private label by category in Malaysia's Bakery and Cereals market
- Private label growth (in value terms) compared to brands
Health and Wellness analysis
- Value of Health & Wellness claims by category
- Key Health & Wellness product attributes driving sales
- Key Health & Wellness consumer benefits driving sales
- Key Health & Wellness companies and market share
- Bakery and Cereals market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Bakery and Cereals market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Bakery and Cereals market by type of packaging, forecast(in volume terms)
Consumer trend analysis
- ’s consumer trend framework and explanation of the sub-trends
- For key trends in Malaysia's Bakery and Cereals market:
- How the trend is influencing consumption in Malaysia's Bakery and Cereals market
- How to target the trend in Malaysia's Bakery and Cereals market
- How the trend will evolve in Malaysia's Bakery and Cereals market
- Key target demographic and the rate at which the trend will evolve
- What are the key drivers that will influence growth of Bakery and Cereals market in the future
- New products launched in Malaysia's Bakery and Cereals market
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Consumer Demographics data
- Sector Overview
- Segment data
- Health & Wellness data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
- Health & Wellness definitions
- Explanation of sub-trends
List of Tables
Table 1: Country Indicators -overall food value and volume, 2015
Table 2: Market value analysis in MYR and US$, 2010-2020
Table 3: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 4: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to MYR
Table 5: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 6: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 7: Average price per kg comparison by categories
Table 8: Leading retailers
Table 9: Leading brands by segments, 2015
Table 10: Leading brands by category, 2015
Table 11: Key Health & Wellness product attributes driving sales, 2015
Table 12: Key Health & Wellness consumer benefits driving sales, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Foodservice transactions by sectors, profit and cost, 2015
Figure 3: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 4: Consumers purchase behavior -Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 5: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 6: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 7: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 8: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 9: Category volume consumption by age, gender, education and urbanisation,2015
Figure 10: Leading distribution channels, overall Food, 2011-2014
Figure 11: Leading distribution channels, overall Bakery and Cereals market, 2015
Figure 12: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 13: Brand share analysis by category (by value and volume), 2015
Figure 14: Private label penetration by category, 2015
Figure 15: Private label and brand share growth, 2012-2015
Figure 16: Value of key Health & Wellness claims, by category, 2010-2020
Figure 17: Leading Health & Wellness companies by category, 2015
Figure 18: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 19:Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020
- Kraft Foods Group Inc.
- Mondelez International Inc
- Spicon Products Sdn Bhd
- Torto Food Industries (M) Sdn Bhd
- Hock Xeng Sdn Bhd
- Ppb Group Berhad
- General Mills Inc.
- FFM Bhd
- High5 Bread Town
- Qaf Ltd.
- Federal Oats Mills Sdn. Bhd
- Pepsico Inc.
- The kellogg company
- Bright Food (Group) Co. Ltd.
- Carman`s Fine Foods Pty Ltd
- Cereal Partners Worldwide S.A.
- Dorset Cereals Ltd
- Post Holdings Inc
- Apollo Food Holdings Bhd
- London Biscuits Bhd
- Michigan Pastries Sdn Bhd
- Sara Lee Corporation
- The Silver Bird Group
- A. Loacker Ag
- Cadbury Plc
- Campbell Soup Company