The Wine market in Japan is analyzed to be growing at a higher growth rate during 2010 - 2015. Depreciation of Japanese Yen (JPY) against US$ have slightly affected the market growth and consumption pattern. However with relatively stable exchange rates projected during 2015-2020 the Wine market will also revive and grow at a moderate rate. Overall Still Wine is estimated to be the most dominant and fastest growing category during 2015 - 2020. Consumer trends such as Single Lifestyle and Environmental Responsibility have influenced product consumption in the current scenario.
- Of the three categories analyzed Still Wine will be largest as well as fastest growing value category registering a CAGR of 5.2% during 2015-2020
- Sales through On-trade transactions account for nearly half of the overall Wine distribution in Japan
- Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A. and Mercian Corporation are the leading market players in the country
- Glass is the only packaging material used in the Japanese Wine market
- Going ahead demand for private label products and the emerging concept of sommelier services by online retailers will contribute to the market growth over the next five years
The Consumer and Market Insights report on the Wine market in Japan provides insights on high growth categories to target trends in the usage of packaging materials types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Fortified Wine Sparkling Wine and Still Wine with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets Convenience Stores Food & Drinks Specialists and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass; container data for: Bottle
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Wine products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy:
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Wine products consumption and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years resulting in revenue expansion
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators - GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
- Value and volume analysis for the Japanese Wine market
- Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on the Japanese Wine market
- Volume analysis by category
- Market value and growth rates, by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
- Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
- Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in the Japanese Wine & Spirits market
- Leading distribution channels (volume terms) in the Japanese Wine market
- Leading distribution channels ((volume terms) by category
- Market share of leading brands (in volume terms) by category
- Wine market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Wine market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Wine market by type of packaging, forecast(in volume terms)
Consumer trend analysis
- ’s consumer trend framework and explanation of the sub-trends
- For key trends in Japan's Wine market:
- How the trend is influencing consumption in Japan's Wine market
- How to target the trend in Japan's Wine market
- How the trend will evolve in Japan's Wine market
- Key target demographic and the rate at which the trend will evolve
- What are the key drivers that will influence growth of Wine market in the future
Examples of New Product Development
- New products launched in Japan’s Wine market
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Sector Overview
- Segment data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
- Explanation of sub-trends
List of Tables
Table 1: Market value analysis in JPY and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to JPY
Table 4: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 6: Average price per litre comparison by categories
Table 7: Leading retailers
Table 8: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 3: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 4: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 5: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 6: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 7: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine & Spirits, 2012-2015
Figure 8: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine market, 2015
Figure 9: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 10: Brand share analysis by category (by volume), 2015
Figure 11: Packaging analysis - key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 12: Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020
- Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A.
- Gonzalez Byass S.A.
- Pernod Ricard S.A.
- kinoshita international
- Codorníu S.A.
- Freixenet (Dws) Ltd
- Freycinet Inc. and Suntory
- JJ Moruche company
- LVMH Moët Hennessy
- Vuitton S.A.
- Lanson International Diffusion
- Mottox Inc
- Peer Pere & Fils Inc.,
- Sapporo Breweries Ltd
- Vranken-Pommery Monopole
- Almaden Vineyards
- Casella Wines PTY Ltd.
- Castel Group
- Dewazakura Sake Brewery Corporation.
- E. & J. gallo Winery
- Enoteca Co.,Ltd
- Franzia Wines
- Kavu~iro Inc
- Kikkoman Corporation
- Kikusui Brewing
- Kirin Holdings Co Ltd
- Kwv Holdings Ltd
- Mercian Corporation
- Ste.Neige Wine Co. Ltd.
- Beam Suntory Inc.
- VIÑA CONO SUR S.A.
- Vina Maipo
- Viña Concha Y Toro S.A.
- Viña Errazuriz S.A
- Viña Santa Helena S.A