How to Optimize Fluid Bed Processing Technology: Part of the Expertise in Pharmaceutical Process Technology Series addresses the important components of fluid bed granulation, providing answers to problems that commonly arise and using numerous practical examples and case studies as reference.
This book covers the theoretical concepts involved in fluidization, also providing a description of the choice and functionality of equipment. Additional chapters feature key aspects of the technology, including formulation requirements, process variables, process scale-up, troubleshooting, new development, safety, and process evaluation.
Given its discussion of theoretical principles and practical solutions, this is a go-to resource for all those scientists and new researchers working with fluid bed granulation as a unit operation.
- Written by an expert in the field with several years of experience in product development, manufacturing, plant operations, and process engineering
- Illustrates when fluid bed granulation is needed, when to use less common fluid bed granulation methods, and the advantages of fluid bed granulation when compared to other granulation techniques
- Offers troubleshooting tips and practical advice for scientists working with this technique
2. Fluidization Theory
3. Fluid Bed Processor Equipment and Its Functionality
4. Process Development
9. Other Fluid Bed Processes and Applications
10. Process Control and PAT
11. Process Scale-Up
12. Integrated Systems
13. Process Troubleshooting
14. Fluid Bed Safety
Dilip M. Parikh is president of the pharmaceutical technology consulting group DPharma Group Inc. in the USA. As an industrial pharmacist, Parikh has more than 40 years of industrial experience in solid dosage technologies, cGMP complaint facility planning, process engineering and manufacturing and operational management at various major pharmaceutical companies in Canada and the U.S. Prior to starting DPharma Group, he held the position of vice president of operations and technology at Synthon Pharmaceuticals in North Carolina and vice president and general manager at Atlantic Pharmaceuticals Services in Maryland. He has authored several book chapters and articles on various pharmaceutical technologies, including quality by design, continuous manufacturing, process optimization and contract manufacturing. He has been an invited speaker at scientific conferences worldwide on solid-dosage technologies development and manufacturing.