Algal Green Chemistry: Recent Progress in Biotechnology presents emerging information on green algal technology for the production of diverse chemicals, metabolites, and other products of commercial value. This book describes and emphasizes the emerging information on green algal technology, with a special emphasis on the production of diverse chemicals, metabolites, and products from algae and cyanobacteria.
Topics featured in the book are exceedingly valuable for researchers and scientists in the field of algal green chemistry, with many not covered in current academic studies. It is a unique source of information for scientists, researchers, and biotechnologists who are looking for the development of new technologies in bioremediation, eco-friendly and alternative biofuels, biofertilizers, biogenic biocides, bioplastics, cosmeceuticals, sunscreens, antibiotics, anti-aging, and an array of other biotechnologically important chemicals for human life and their contiguous environment. This book is a great asset for students, researchers, and biotechnologists.
- Discusses high-value chemicals from algae and their industrial applications
- Explores the potential of algae as a renewable source of bioenergy and biofuels
- Considers the potential of algae as feed and super-food
- Presents the role of triggers and cues to algal metabolic pathways
- Includes developments in the use of algae as bio-filters
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. UV Photoprotectants From Algae-Synthesis and Bio-Functionalities
3. Genome- and Proteome-Wide Analyses for Targeted Manipulation and Enhancement of Bioproducts in Cyanobacteria
4. Nutraceuticals From Algae and Cyanobacteria
5. Natural Antioxidants From Algae: A Therapeutic Perspective
6. Microalgae as a Source of Bioplastics
7. Microalgae-Based Carotenoids Production
8. Low-Molecular-Weight Nitrogenous Compounds (GABA and Polyamines) in Blue-Green Algae
9. Algal Pigments for Human Health and Cosmeceuticals
10. Role of Algae as a Biofertilizer
11. Modeling and Technoeconomic Analysis of Algae for Bioenergy and Coproducts
12. Polyamines: Stress Metabolite in Marine Macrophytes
13. Microalgal Biomass Cultivation
14. Algal Biofilms and Their Biotechnological Significance
Dr. R. P. Rastogi obtained his Ph.D. in photobiology and molecular biology of cyanobacteria from Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India. He is the recipient of an international research fellowship. He was a visiting scientist in the Deptartment of Biology, Friedrich Alexander University, Germany. He has published a number of research papers in journals of international repute in the field of cyanobacterial biochemistry and biotechnology and is serving as an editorial member of many journals. His main research interests are molecular microbiology, photochemistry and biotechnology of cyanobacteria.
Dr. Datta Madamwar is professor of microbiology at BRD School of Biosciences and Dean, Faculty of Science, BRD School of Biosciences, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat, India. He received his Ph.D degree from BITS, Pilani. Professor Madamwar is a Microbial Biotechnologist with diverse research interests. His current research focus is on non-aqueous enzymology, industrial liquid waste management, and cyanobacterial biotechnology. He has reported various novel, efficient, and rapid methods of purification of microbial products. He is also working on crystallization and structure determination of photosynthetic pigments. He is a recipient of the European Commission Visiting Scientist Fellowship, Fellow of Biotech Research Society of India, Fellow of Association of Microbiologists of India, Fellow of Association of Biotechnology and Pharmacy and Gujarat Science Academy and a member of several academic bodies. Dr. Madamwar is a member of several taskforce and advisory committees of the National funding agencies like DBT, DST, and GSBTM. He is also on the editorial board of several national and international journals including Bioresource Technology and Elsevier. Prof. Madamwar has more than 190 research publications in highly reputed international journals, several book chapters, and a provisional American Patent to his credit.
Prof. Ashok Pandey is currently Distinguished Scientist at the Centre for Innovation and Translational Research, CSIR-Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow, India and Executive Director (Honorary) at the Centre for Energy and Environmental Sustainability - India. His major research and technological development interests are industrial & environmental biotechnology and energy biosciences, focusing on biomass to biofuels & chemicals, waste to wealth & energy, industrial enzymes, etc. Professor Pandey is Adjunct/Visiting Professor/Scientist in universities in France, Brazil, Canada, China, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, etc and also in several universities several in India. He has ~ 1300 publications/communications, which include 16 patents, 83 books, ~ 700 papers and book chapters, etc with h index of 93 and > 38,000 citations (Goggle scholar). Professor Pandey is Editor-in-chief of Bioresource Technology, Honorary Executive Advisor of Journal of Water Sustainability and Journal of Energy and Environmental Sustainability, Subject Editor of Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences, India.