Expanded polypropylene (EPP) foam, owing to its elasticity, thermal resistance, oil resistance, non-toxicity, recyclability, and shock-proof nature, is an integral part of various commercial and industrial sectors. In the expanded polypropylene (EPP) foam market report, we have taken the following major applications into consideration: automotive, industrial packaging, furniture, HVAC applications, sports and leisure goods. The automotive segment is expected to account for over 50% share of the global EPP foam market in 2016.
The EPP foam market is driven by the non-toxic and recyclable nature of the material, coupled with the rising demand from automotive and packaging industries. However, the high price of polypropylene (compared to polyethylene and polystyrene) acts as a roadblock for the growth of the market.
The market has been geographically segmented into Asia-Pacific (APAC), North America, Europe, South America, and the Middle East and Africa. The countries that are discussed in the report include China, Japan, the USA, Germany, the UK, France, Italy, Spain, India, Canada, Brazil, South Africa, and others. Regarding consumption, APAC led the market with a share of XX.XX% in 2015, followed by Europe and North America. The flourishing automotive and packaging industries in Asia-Pacific have made this region an area of immense potential and opportunities.
Opportunities and Market Players
Advancement in the research of bio-based polypropylene is expected to serve as a thriving opportunity for the growth of EPP foam market. Some of the major companies dominating the EPP foam market are:
- BASF SE
- DS Smith PLC
- JSP Corporation
- Knauf Industries
- Hanwha Corporation
- Furukawa Electric
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the global expanded polypropylene (EPP) foam market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global expanded polypropylene (EPP) foam market on both global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and also identify the regions that are still untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Regulatory Policies Analysis
3.4 Industry Attractiveness Porters 5 Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
3.5 Price Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Non-Toxic and Recyclable Nature of the Material
4.1.2 Rising Demand From The Automotive and Packaging Industries
4.2.1 Higher Price Among Other Structural Foams
4.3.1 Rising Demand for Bio-based Polypropylene Foam
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By Form
5.1.1 Fabricated EPP
5.1.2 Molded EPP
5.2 By Raw Material
5.2.1 Synthetic Polypropylene
5.2.2 Bio-based Polypropylene
5.3 By Application
5.3.4 Food Packaging
5.3.6 Sports & Leisure
6. Regional Analysis (Market Size, Growth and Forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America
6.2.1 United States
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3.3 United Kingdom
6.3.6 Rest of Europe
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.3 Rest of MEA
7. Future of the Market
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
8.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
8.3 Market Share Analysis
8.4 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Company Profiles
9.1 Automa Multi Styrene (Pty) Ltd,
9.2 BASF SE
9.3 Chemische Fabrik Budenheim KG
9.4 Clark Foam Products Corporation
9.5 DS Smith PLC
9.6 Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd.
9.7 Hanwha Corporation
9.8 JSP Corporation
9.9 Kaneka Corporation
9.10 KK Nag Pvt. Ltd.
9.11 Knauf Industries
9.12 Package Design & Manufacturing Inc.
9.13 Polyfoam Australia Pty Ltd
9.14 Sonoco Products Company
9.15 SSW PearlFoam Gmbh
9.16 The Woodbridge Group
9.17 (List not Exhaustive)