Polyacetal or polyoxymethylene is a semi-crystalline thermoplastics produced by homo or co-polymerisation of formaldehyde. It was first discovered in 1920 and is available in two types - homo-polymer and co-polymer. These acetals are engineered plastics and with excellent properties such as high stiffness and outstanding resilience. It is a tough, solvent and fuel resistant plastics also offers excellent dimensional stability even in contact with chemicals, fuels and high temperatures. It is used mainly in precision parts which require low friction, high stiffness and exceptional dimensional stability.
Due to its excellent properties, it is used in numerous applications such as bearing, gears, window guides, aerosol valves, speaker grills, fasteners, lighters and furniture components among others. The major end-user industries which use polyoxymethylene includes electronics & electrical, transportation, construction, medical, food & packaging and consumer goods & appliances among others.
The rising demand in various end-user industries such as transportation industry and electronics & electrical industry are the key drivers for the market. Moreover, its application in food & packaging industry and increasing demand from China and U.S. will create a good opportunity for polyoxymethylene market across the globe. However, poor economic condition in the European market due to economic recession and the presence of bio-based material as an alternative can act as restraints for the market.
The market has been geographically segmented into Asia-Pacific, North America, South America, Europe and Middle East & Africa. The industrial growth in the Asia-Pacific and South American market will led to the increase in use of polyoxymethylene which result in the growth of this market.
The profiles of numerous polyoxymethylene manufacturing companies have been discussed in the study. These includes BASF, DuPont, Asahi Kasei Chemical Corporation, Kolon Plastics, Korea Engineering Plastics, Mitshubishi Engineering Plastics, RTP Company, Polyone Corporation, Albis Plastics, SABIC Innovative Plastics, Celanese Corporation, Polyplastics Corporation Limited, Techmer ES, Westlake Plastics and China National Bluestar (Group) Corporation Limited among others.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Global Polyoxymethylene (POM) Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Global Polyoxymethylene (POM) market on both global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
- Insights on the major countries/industry is booming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Market Definition
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Regulatory Policies Analysis
3.4 Industry Attractiveness Porters 5 Force Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
3.5 Raw Material Analysis
3.6 Patent Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increasing Demand in End use Industries
4.1.2 Intensive Use in Electronics and Electricals Industy
4.1.3 Rising Demand from Transportation Sector
4.2.1 Poor European Market due to Economic Recession
4.2.2 Bio based Materials as a Strong Alternative
4.3.1 New Applications in the Food Packaging Industry
4.3.2 China and U.S. as Largest Consumer
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 Homopolymer POM
5.1.2 Coplolymer POM
5.2 By End user Industry
5.2.1 Electronics and Electricals
5.2.4 Food and Packaging
5.2.5 Consumer Goods and Appliances
6. Regional Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America
6.2.1 United States
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3.2 United Kingdom
6.3.6 Rest of Europe
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.4 Rest of MEA
7. Future of the Market
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
8.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
8.3 Market Share Analysis
8.4 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Company Profiles
9.2 BASF S.E.
9.3 China National Bluestar (Group) Co.Ltd.
9.4 Asahi Kasei Chemical Corp.
9.5 Korea Engineering Plastics Co. Ltd.
9.6 Kolon Plastics
9.7 Mitshubishi Engineering Plastics Corporation
9.8 Polyplastics Co. Ltd.
9.9 Celanese Corporation
9.10 RTP Company
9.11 Polyone Corporation
9.12 SABIC Innovative Plastics
9.13 Techmer ES
9.14 Westlake Plastics
9.15 Albis Plastics
9.16 - List not Exhaustive