AAC is primarily used for replacing traditional building materials (CMUs) in repair and new construction activities in various application areas. In this market report, we have considered the following major construction application areas: residential, industrial, commercial, and others. The residential segment accounted for the majority of consumption in the global AAC market in 2015. The market has also been divided by product type into blocks, lintels, panels, tiles, and others. The market in the panels segment has been further sub-segmented into wall, roof, and floor segments. The market for AAC specialty shapes, including U-shaped, tongue and groove, and cored blocks, have also been included while calculating the market size of the blocks product segment.
This market is driven by a few factors, such as increased emphasis on green buildings (LEED Ratings), use of recycled material for AAC production, and the superior characteristics of AAC, in comparison to traditional building materials. Moreover, growth is also augmented by the growing emphasis on constructing sound-proof buildings in the developed countries. However, this market faces certain drawbacks, primarily the high initial costs associated with using AAC, and the limited number of AAC manufacturing facilities in the United States, which have resulted in the limited adoption of the product in North America.
The global autoclaved aerated concrete (AAC) market, by type, is broadly segmented into blocks, lintels, panels (further segmented into wall floor, roof, and floor), tiles, and others. The panels segment is expected to witness the highest growth rate of 7.56% during the forecast period (2016-2021). Additionally, the market has also been segmented by the application (construction), into residential industrial, commercial, and others. Regarding revenue, the residential sector dominated the market in 2015, with a share of 30%.
The market has also been geographically segmented by consumption into Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, South America, and the Middle-East and Africa. In terms of revenue, in 2015, Europe dominated the global autoclaved aerated concrete (AAC) market with a share of 46.33%; however, Asia-Pacific is expected to grow at a fast pace, at an estimated CAGR of 10.81% during the forecast period.
Opportunities and Major Players -
The global consumer emphasis on using fire-retardant building materials, increase in AAC usage in India and China, and the growing need for disaster-resistant structures, are expected to offer major growth opportunities for players in the global AAC market.
Some of the major producers in the global AAC market include:
- ACICO Industries
- Biltech Building Elements Limited (Avantha)
- H+H International
- Xella Group
- Aeroc International
Key Deliverables in the Study:
- Analysis for the global autoclaved aerated concrete market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global autoclaved aerated concrete market on both global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and also identify the regions that are still untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (AAC) Market
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Industry Attractiveness Porters Five Force Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increased Emphasis on Green Buildings (LEED Ratings)
4.1.2 Growing Emphasis on Constructing Sound Proof Buildings
4.1.3 Use of Recycled Material for Production
4.1.4 Improved Indoor Air Quality and Heat Control Advantages
4.2.1 High Initial Costs
4.2.2 Limited Number of Manufacturers in USA
4.2.3 Limited Usage in Load Bearing Walls
4.3.1 Emphasis on Using Fire-retardant Building Materials
4.3.2 Growing Need for Disaster-resistant Buildings
4.3.3 Increase in Usage in India & China
4.3.4 Recovering Construction and Housing Sector in Europe
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By Application (Construction)
5.2 By Type
6. Regional Analysis
6.1.1 ASEAN Countries
6.1.6 South Korea
6.1.7 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America
6.2.3 United States
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3.4 Nordic Countries
6.3.5 United Kingdom
6.3.6 Rest of Europe
6.4 South America
6.4.4 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle-East and Africa
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.4 Rest of MEA
7. Future of Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (AAC) Market
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
8.2 Market Share Analysis
8.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Company Profiles
9.1 ACICO Industries Company
9.2 AerBlock Enterprises LLC
9.3 Aercon AAC
9.4 Aeroc AS
9.5 AKG Gazbeton
9.6 Solbet Group
9.7 Biltech Building Elements Limited (Avantha)
9.8 DOMAPOR Baustoffwerke GmbH & Co.KG
9.9 Eco Green Products Pvt. Ltd.
9.10 Forterra Building Products Limited
9.11 H+H International A/S
9.12 Hansa Baustoffwerke Parchim GmbH
9.13 HIL Ltd.
9.15 J.K. Lakshmi Cement
9.17 RPP group of Companies
9.18 Schlamann KG
9.19 Thomas Armstrong (Holdings) Ltd
9.20 Trieu Cuong International JSC
9.22 Xella Group
- H+H International A/S
- Acico Industries Company
- Aerblock Enterprises Llc
- Aercon Aac
- Aeroc International As
- Akg Gazbeton
- Biltech Building Elements Limited
- Domapor Baustoffwerke Gmbh & Co.Kg
- Eco Green Products Pvt. Ltd.
- Ekoru Srl
- Forterra Building Materials Ltd.
- Hansa Baustoffwerke Parchim Gmbh
- Hil Limited
- J.K. Lakshmi
- RPP Groups Of Companies
- Schlamann K.G.
- Solbet Group
- The Xella Group
- Thomas Armstrong (Holdings) Ltd.
- Trieu Cuong International JSC