The Spain Crop Protection Chemicals (Pesticides) Market has been estimated at USD 2169.41 million in 2015 and is projected to reach XX million by 2020, at a CAGR of 3.79% during the forecast period from 2015 to 2020.
Crop-based applications corner the largest share of the Spanish consumption and demand for pesticides, in addition to being the faster growing end-use area. The Spanish market for pesticides has been plagued with an influx of counterfeit and illegal pesticides, since imports account for a major share in the region.
Various facets of the Spanish pesticides market have been explicitly described in a new report, with a special focus on offering valuable investment insights for companies.
Some key drivers in the market are increasing consumer demand for organic products thus encouraging organic farming practices and governments promoting bio control products. The market however is mainly constrained by the grower low awareness on the use of bio control agents and availability of the products. Also low shelf life of products results in farmer's frequent application of biopesticides thus resulting in increased costs. Factors promoting the growth of biopesticides in Spain include market maturity and efforts aimed at reducing unnecessary utilization of pesticides.
By product type, market is segmented into herbicides, fungicides, insecticides and other chemicals. Insecticides forms the largest market segment accounting for XX% of market share followed by fungicides (XX %), other pesticides (XX %) and herbicides (XX %). Further the products are segmented by origin, synthetic and biopesticides. By application area, pesticides demand has been analyzed in terms of crop-based (including grains & cereals, oilseeds and fruits & vegetables) and non-crop-based (including turf & ornamental grass and other non-crop-based applications).
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Spain pesticides market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on Europe.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a Europe.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Spain pesticides market.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.2 Definition of the Market
2. Global Market Scenario
2.1 Emerging Trends in the Pesticides Industry
2.1.1 Demand for Food Safety and Quality Growing
2.1.2 Biopesticides Gaining Market Share
2.1.3 Research and Development Costs Burgeoning
2.1.4 Developing Regions Witnessing Faster Demand
2.1.5 The Controversy Surrounding GM Crops
3. Regulatory Environment
3.1 Regulations for Pesticides in the European Union (EU)
3.1.1 EU Rules
184.108.40.206 EU Policy
3.1.2 Sustainable Use of Pesticides
220.127.116.11 Major Actions for the Sustainable Use of Pesticides
3.1.3 Approval of Active Substances
3.1.4 Maximum Residue Levels
18.104.22.168 EU Rules on MRLs
22.214.171.124 Setting of EU MRLs
4. Overview of the Spanish Market for Pesticides
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 Synthetic Pesticides
5.1.1 Synthetic Herbicides
5.1.2 Synthetic Insecticides
5.1.3 Synthetic Fungicides
5.1.4 Other Synthetic Pesticides
5.2.4 Other Biopesticides
6. Market Segmentation by Application Area
6.1 Crop-Based Applications
6.1.1 Grains & Cereals
6.1.3 Fruits & Vegetables
6.2 Non-Crop-Based Applications
6.2.1 Turf & Ornamental Grass
6.2.2 Other Non-Crop-Based Applications
7. Competitive Overview
8. Profiles of Major Companies
8.1 Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd (Formerly Makhteshim Agan Industries Ltd) (Israel)
8.2 American Vanguard Corporation (United States)
8.2.1 AMVAC Chemical Corporation (United States)
8.3 Arysta LifeScience (Japan)
8.4 BASF SE (Germany)
8.5 Bayer CropScience AG (Germany)
8.6 Bioworks Inc (United States)
8.7 Cheminova A/S (Denmark)
8.8 Chemtura AgroSolutions (United States)
8.9 Dow AgroSciences LLC (United States)
8.10 DuPont (United States)
8.11 FMC Corporation (United States)
8.12 Isagro SpA (Italy)
8.13 Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha Ltd (Japan)
8.14 Marrone Bio Innovations Inc (United States)
8.15 Monsanto Company (United States)
8.16 Natural Industries (United States)
8.17 Nufarm Ltd (Australia)
8.18 Syngenta International AG (Switzerland)
8.19 Valent Biosciences Corp (United States)
9.1 Secondary Sources