Crop-based applications dominate the Japanese market in terms of both volume consumption and value demand. Japan is likely to be the slowest growing market for Pesticides in Asia-Pacific, which would follow the trend of large and established markets of North America and Western Europe in posting sluggish growth. Primary reasons for this include market maturity and efforts aimed at reducing unnecessary utilization of pesticides, with application of chemical pesticides being cut down by more than 50%, thereby promoting growth of biopesticides.
By product type, market is segmented into herbicides, fungicides, insecticides and other chemicals. Herbicides accounted for 41%, fungicides accounted for XX%, insecticides accounted for XX% and other pesticides accounted for 6% of the total pesticides market in 2015. .Further the products are segmented by origin, synthetic and biopesticides. By application area, pesticides demand has been analyzed in terms of crop-based (including grains & cereals, oilseeds and fruits & vegetables) and non-crop-based (including turf & ornamental grass and other non-crop-based applications).
Currently, Japan has held more patents in agrochemicals than any other country taking the lead from USA. High investments are seen in research and development to sustain efficient agricultural practices. Major companies covered in the report include American Vanguard, Arysta LifeScience, BASF SE, Bayer CropScience, BioWorks, Cheminova, Chemtura Corp, Chr Hansen, Dow AgroSciences, DuPont, FMC Corp, Isagro SpA, Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha, Makhteshim Agan, Marrone Bio Innovations, Monsanto, Natural Industries, Novozymes A/S, Nufarm Ltd, Sumitomo Chemical, Syngenta AG and Valent Biosciences. The key strategies used by companies in this market are new product registrations, acquisitions to enter new markets.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Japan Pesticides Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Japan Pesticides Market.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major regions in country where this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.2 Definition of the Market
2. Global Market Scenario
2.1 Emerging Trends in the Pesticides Industry
2.1.1 Demand for Food Safety and Quality Growing
2.1.2 Biopesticides Gaining Market Share
2.1.3 Research and Development Costs Burgeoning
2.1.4 Developing Regions Witnessing Faster Demand
2.1.5 The Controversy Surrounding GM Crops
3. Overview of the Japanese Market for Pesticides
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 Synthetic Pesticides
4.1.1 Synthetic Herbicides
4.1.2 Synthetic Insecticides
4.1.3 Synthetic Fungicides
4.1.4 Other Synthetic Pesticides
4.2.4 Other Biopesticides
5. Market Segmentation by Application Area
5.1 Crop-Based Applications
5.1.1 Grains & Cereals
5.1.3 Fruits & Vegetables
5.2 Non-Crop-Based Applications
5.2.1 Turf & Ornamental Grass
5.2.2 Other Non-Crop-Based Applications
6. Competitive Overview 7. Profiles of Major Companies
7.1 Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd (Formerly Makhteshim Agan Industries Ltd) (Israel)
7.2 American Vanguard Corporation (United States)
7.2.1 AMVAC Chemical Corporation (United States)
7.3 Arysta LifeScience (Japan)
7.4 BASF SE (Germany)
7.5 Bayer CropScience AG (Germany)
7.6 Bioworks Inc (United States)
7.7 Cheminova A/S (Denmark)
7.8 Chemtura AgroSolutions (United States)
7.9 Dow AgroSciences LLC (United States)
7.10 DuPont (United States)
7.11 FMC Corporation (United States)
7.12 Isagro SpA (Italy)
7.13 Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha Ltd (Japan)
7.14 Marrone Bio Innovations Inc (United States)
7.15 Monsanto Company (United States)
7.16 Natural Industries (United States)
7.17 Nufarm Ltd (Australia)
7.18 Syngenta International AG (Switzerland)
7.19 Valent Biosciences Corp (United States)
8.1 Secondary Sources