Growth in outdoor structures has slowed to 1.0% in 2016 and is set to slow further up to 2021. Demand for major purchases such as sheds has dropped, while other categories have slowed as a result of less favorable weather and smaller outdoor spaces used by temporary tenants with less interest in large, permanent projects.
- Between 2016 and 2021, the outdoor structures market is forecast to underperform the wider gardening market. Changing attitudes towards outdoor spaces, which are becoming smaller and used more by temporary tenants is the main factor behind this slowdown.
- DIY specialist BandQ (19.1%) is the runaway leader for outdoor structures, with its market share more than twice the size of the retailer in second, Home base.
- Penetration for living room furniture was deepest among under 35's as these shoppers furnish their first homes after buying or renting.
- More shoppers are conducting pre-purchase research, with more than half of shoppers either visiting a store or looking online before buying as more information is now available to shoppers.
- There is greater demand for flexible garden storage as the size of outdoor living areas shrinks.
Outdoor Structures 2016 is part of the author's Home Retail Series of report, which provides expert insight into the outdoor structures market, with forecasts of values and volumes up to 2021. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the UK market, analyzing key trends in the market based consumer data from the survey.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Key issues and strategies for success within the outdoor structures market in the UK
- Market size and forecast; a look at the total market size and forecast size for the outdoor structures market in the UK.
- Retailer profiles; a detailed look at the dominant players including market shares and outlooks.
- Consumer data: a detailed looks at what, how and where people are buying outdoor structures products.
Reasons to Buy
- This HRS Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the household storage market based on findings from the annual bespoke consumer survey and analyst insight.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help manufacturers and retailers to understand the opportunities within the outdoor structures market.