- Click and collect is forecast to grow by 64% between 2016 and 2021, driven by the clothing and footwear sector (growth of 85%) as increasingly time poor consumers are looking to reduce time spent shopping.
- Although a relatively small part of overall category expenditure, click and collect spending in furniture and floor coverings will grow significantly between 2016 and 2021 with an increase of 271.8% making it by far the fastest growing category.
- Those aged between 35-44 have the highest penetration in click and collect purchases; often recent homeowners, these consumers are highly influenced by stylish online platforms that help to visualize home style looks.
- The usage share for laptops and desktops has declined on the previous year while click and collect products purchased via a mobile saw an increase, to reach 14.4%. This reflects retailers' investment in mobile apps and optimizing websites.
- 43.7% of consumers have used click and collect in order to avoid delivery charges, as home delivery proves to be too costly for consumers, particularly for low-value items. Retailers wanting to avoid fulfillment charges have opted to add a minimum spend threshold to their free click and collect service to make it more profitable.
- With congested shops and long queues reducing consumers' shopping experience, many consumers opt for click and collect to reduce time spent in stores - and 34.7% of male click and collect shoppers opted to use this service for that reason.
The Click and Collect in the UK report offers a comprehensive insight into online fulfillment in the UK, analyzing the market, the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes. It also provides forecasts to 2021.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- The Hot Issues
- What People Buy
- How People Shop
- The Shopper Journey
- Why People Shop
- Retailer performance (incl. in depth analysis of Marks and Spencer, Argos and Next)
Reasons to Buy
- Use the detailed data and insight to help form an effective growth strategy across all sectors of online click and collect fulfillment
- Understand your target demographic and their key issues and demands
- Identify the opportunities to grow business in this sector and the value added to physical stores
- Understand the journey of consumers throughout the process of online purchases
- Identify key issues within the click and collect journey to encourage additional spend in store.