As lithium-ion battery technology's adoption increases within the automotive, energy storage, and consumer electronics industries, the upstream section of the value chain will experience increasing pressure to cater to this burgeoning demand.
This market insight focuses on providing a snapshot of the supply scenario of lithium as a resource and how the current and future scenarios of battery technology across the aforementioned industries will change the upstream landscape.
In addition, this study provides an insight into how the future supply and demand scenario will evolve and touches on the activities of various automotive original equipment manufacturers that are potentially transforming the supply chain.
- Executive Summary-Key Findings
- Overview of the Lithium Demand Scenario
- Overview of the Lithium Supply Scenario
- Lithium Supply-Sourcing Dynamics
- Lithium Supply Competitive Environment
- Lithium Supply Transformation
- Lithium Battery Manufacturing Footprint
- Gigafactories Disrupting Battery Manufacturing Dynamics
- Global Uptake of Electrification in Passenger Vehicles
- Li-ion Battery Pricing vis-à-vis Upstream Pricing
- Automotive Battery Value Chain
- Battery Technology-Automotive OEM’s Current and Future Focus
- Li-ion Batteries for EVs-Range and Battery Type
- Opportunities for Lithium in the Electronics Industry
- Future of Lithium in Energy Storage
- Market Expansion by Automotive OEMs into Stationary Storage
- Lithium Supply and Demand Outlook
- Lithium Supply and Demand Scenario for EVs