Objectives of the Presentation:
- Gain an understanding of what Office 365 is and how it can benefit you
- Learn how to manage files using OneDrive (Microsoft's Cloud-based file storage solution)
- Demonstrations of the online versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote
- Demonstrations of the mobile versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote
Why Should you Attend:
Be anywhere and stay productive. Once upon a time you'd be chained to your desk, sitting in front of a computer. Now, with the availability of always-on Internet connections an endless supply of WiFi and powerful portable laptops, SmartPhones and tablets, you really can be anywhere still remaining productive. This session combines background information with practical demonstrations.
- What is Office 365? What are the purchase options?
- Managing files in OneDrive (Microsoft's Cloud-based file storage solution)
- Creating offline copies of your files
- Saving files to and opening files from OneDrive
- Microsoft Office in a browser - practical demonstrations
- Office on an iPad - practical demonstration
- Managing email in a web browser with Outlook Online
- OneNote in a browser and on an iPad - practical demonstration
Experienced IT Trainer and Solution Developer ,
Mike Thomas has worked in the IT training business for 26 years. His expertise and experience covers designing and delivering training courses, creating written training materials (Quick Reference Guides and step-by-step tutorials), recording and editing video-based tutorials and providing support to users.
He is a subject matter expert in a range of Microsoft technologies including Microsoft Office, Lync/Skype for Business and SharePoint. He has extensive experience of working with Cloud-based collaboration tools such as Box and OneDrive and has worked extensively with Mac OSX and Mac-related software since 2006.
Mike has worked with and for a large number of global and UK-based companies and organizations across a diverse range of sectors including pharmaceutical, healthcare, legal, retail and public sector. In addition to training, he designs and develops Microsoft Office-based solutions that automate key business tasks and processes, which in turn saves time and money and improves productivity. Mike is a Fellow of the Learning and Performance Institute.