Confectionery products with “functional” ingredients, “fair-trade” claims, “clear” labels and “interactive” packaging are set to gain popularity globally; this reflects in the growth projection of over 3.6% (CAGR) reaching market valuation of US$188.8 billion by 2020.
Based on Product Launch Analytics, majority of recent product launches were seen around claims such as “low calories”, “no additives” and “high calcium, high fiber, high vitamins”. Besides, increasing concern of sugar intake among consumers is fueling the demand for Confectionary products with “sugar free” claims. Furthermore, consumers in developed countries are becoming more socially conscious and are drifting towards fair-trade certified brands and products.
The global Confectionery market in 2015 was valued at US$158.4 billion with Western Europe accounting for 29.3% value share in 2015 while Asia Pacific will be the fastest growing region at a CAGR of 6.4% during 2015-2020 with strong demand from India, China and Thailand.
The market is facing a challenging environment mounted on four key issues- healthy eating trend, shift towards e-commerce, cocoa sustainability and rising ingredient cost - that are impacting manufacturers’ margins. The global Confectionery market is highly fragmented with the top 5 brands holding just 7.1% of the combined market share in 2015 and the overall market share for private label products in the global Confectionery market remains moderate at 4.2% by value as of 2015, a slight increase from 3.8% in 2010.
Sugar Confectionery continues to hold the fastest growing category title, globally in Value term. While Gum will register highest growth rate of 4.0% (CAGR) in volume terms, during the period 2015-2020.
Chocolate is quite mature in developed markets, but the category is benefitting from growing experimental attitude of consumers and manufacturers are launching products in unusual flavors such as salty/spiced Chocolates and attractive packaging like decorative gift boxes and limited edition in seasonal and holiday theme packaging. Capitalizing on consumers’ desire for more experiential way of Confectionery consumption and interactive packaging that adds fun element to the product consumption such as Nestle Kit Kat with music app Shazam and Mondelez Caramelle Gommose will gain popularity.
“Global Confectionery Report - Analysis of opportunities offered by high growth economies” report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the global Confectionery market. It includes an analysis on global Confectionery market with consumption analysis highlighted for all regions. The report also identifies high potential countries across regions that have been identified by creating a score card with multiple parameters.
The report draws on the market data by analyzing key distribution channels for the global Confectionery market. Market data is also used for studying the level of competition in the market by identifying the top brands at a global and regional level with insights on market share of private label products. The report also includes recommendations for manufacturers and a section on interesting case examples/ success stories of products launched in the global Confectionery market in the recent years
Market data coverage: The overall market value data included in the report is for the period 2010-2020.
Category coverage: This report provides information on three categories including Chocolate, Sugar Confectionery and Gum.
More extensive brand coverage: The report provides more extensive brand share coverage. Brand share data is also validated by inputs from industry experts.
Distribution channel: The Distribution data included in the report covers 11 distribution channels including Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Food & Drinks Specialists, Convenience Stores, Department Stores, Cash & Carries & Warehouse Clubs, “Dollar Stores”, Variety Stores & General Merchandise Retailers.
Time period: The report provides overall market value data, including category level data for the period 2010-2020. Distribution channel data for 2010 – 2015 and brand share data is included for the year 2015.
- Current market scenario and future outlook
- Global Confectionery market overview -what are the growth drivers, latest developments and future inhibitors
- Regional Confectionery market overview -what are the growth drivers, latest developments and future inhibitors
- Key challenges in the global Confectionery market
Changes in Confectionery consumption patterns
- Shift in food consumption patterns in developing and emerging markets
- Shift in consumption of Confectionery, Bakery & Cereals, Dairy & Soy Food, Savory Snacks and Ice Cream, 2010 -2020 (global and regional analysis)
Identifying high potential countries
- Analysis of 50 countries on the basis of Market Assessment, Economic Development, Socio-demographic, Governance Indicators, and Technological infrastructure
- Trend analysis for leading high potential countries
Case Examples/Success Stories10
- Overview of leading brands globally
- Overview of leading brands at a regional level with market share
Key Distribution Channels
- Market share of key distribution channels -global and regional level
Preferred Packaging Formats
- Analysis on usage of key packaging material, closure, outer, and type for all Confectionery categories
- Recommendations for manufacturers on key Confectionery categories -Chocolate, Gum and Sugar Confectionery on parameters including Formulation, Positioning, Packaging, Occasion, Consumer Targets, and Key Segments