Reliable and innovative transport solutions for the ever increasing population, government funding for research and development in railways, secure and faster transportation with improved levels of service for patrons, and improved occupancy while having lower expenditure for operators are driving the growth of the market. Although the potential and benefits are exceptional, the onetime costs to get this implemented across the sector in terms of upgrading infrastructure, training operators on the usage may restrict the growth of the market. Few of the salient features of smart railways are i) Predictive modeling to simulate a situation to foresee the outcome of the events helps in better maintenance, ii) analytical abilities for optimization of routes for to enable better occupancy and iii) faster services with wider coverage.
Countries like Singapore have already adopted technologies like Automatic Train Operation (ATO) and Automatic Train Control (ATC) to run its fully automatic metro line. Hungary is venturing into smart railways by adopting a monitoring technology as its first step. Europe's busiest railways in Netherlands has reported 6% increase in operating efficiency and savings over USD 27.1 million along with improved on-time operations. Smart Railways market can be segmented by products & services and by region.
Some of the key players listed in the report are:
- Alcatel-Lucent (acquired by Nokia)
What the report offers
- Market definition for smart railways market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the smart railways market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global smart railways market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Review and Forecast Period Years
1.4 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2.1 Better Service Levels and security for passengers
4.2.2 To Cater for transport solutions of growing population
4.2.3 Improved efficiency and lower costs of maintainence for operators
4.2.4 Government Funding for Research
4.3.1 High onetime costs
4.3.2 Limitations of the existing infrastructure
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porters' 5 forces analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat from new entrants
4.4.4 Threat from substitute products
4.4.5 Competitive rivalry within the industry
4.5 Industry Policies & Government Regulations
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Global Smart Railways Market Products Market Segmentation, Forecasts and Trends
6.1 Global Market - Segmented By Products & Services
6.1.1 Railway Communication and Networking system
22.214.171.124 Communication Based Train Control (CBTC)
126.96.36.199 Train Communication Network (TCN)
6.1.2 Advance security systems
188.8.131.52 Access Control Systems
184.108.40.206 Onboard CCTV
6.1.3 Freight information System
6.1.4 Passenger Information System (PIS)
6.1.5 Smart Ticketing System
6.1.6 Rail Analytics System
6.2 Global Market - Segmented By Region
6.2.1 North America
6.2.3 Asia Pacific
6.2.4 Rest of World
6.2.5 Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.2.8 Alcatel-Lucent (acquired by Nokia)
6.2.17 ABB Limited
6.2.18 General Electric
7. EKE Electronics
8. Investment Analysis
8.1 Investment Scenario and Opportunities
9. Future of Smart Railways Market