Raising concerns about greenhouse gas emissions and the need to reduce carbon footprint resulted in the increased use of natural gas driving this market. In addition to this, the growing demand to reduce energy losses and the need to increase energy security are also considered as major drivers for the growth of the market. Due to the increased number of end users, the effort of collating the data with no irregularities remains a challenge to this market. The increase in the adoption of gas and numerous regulatory policies rolled out in many regions should be perceived as a growth opportunity for the market. In the recent past, Brazil has also rolled out smart gas meters to prevent energy theft providing a positive outlook to the vendors.
Based on this report, the global smart gas market is segmented on the basis of the technology (solutions), devices available, services offered, end users and by geography. The residential sector is estimated to have the maximum market share of approximately 75% due to the supportive incentive schemes offered for the installation of smart gas meters in residential buildings.
The geographical coverage of this study includes North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa. North America is estimated to hold the largest market share followed by Europe. The various regulatory policies in Europe led to the positive development of the smart gas market. APAC is estimated to have the third largest market share while the market in Middle East & Africa is estimated to show a sluggish growth in the forecast period. France, Italy, and the UK are estimated to emerge as major markets for smart gas.
Some of the key players in this market are:
- Aclara Technologies LLC
- Aidon Oy
- Badger Meter
- Capgemini SA.
- CGI Group Inc
- Elster Group SE
- General Electric
- Schneider Electric SA
Key Deliverables of the Study
- Market definition global smart gas market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the global smart gas market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global smart gas market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Favourable Government Regulations
4.2.2 Need for Reduction carbon footprint and energy security
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Irregulaties in Data due to increased number of users
4.3.2 High Capital Expenditure
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porters Five Forces Model
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Subsitute Products and Services
4.5.5 Degree of Competition
5. Global Smart Gas Market - Segmented by Device
5.1 Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) meters
5.2 Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) meters
5.3 Gas meter communication modules
6. Global Smart Gas Market - Segmented by Solutions
6.1 Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
6.2 Geographical Information System (GIS)
6.3 Enterprise Asset Management (EAM)
6.4 Mobile Workforce Management (MWFM)
6.5 Meter data analytics
6.6 Gas leak detection
6.7 Meter Data Management (MDM)
7. Global Smart Gas Market - Segmented by Services
7.1 System Integration
7.2 Program Management
8. Global Smart Gas Market - Segmented by End User
8.2 Commercial & Industrial
9. Global Smart Gas Market - Segmented by Region
9.1 North America
9.3 Asia Pacific
9.4 Latin America
9.5 Middle East & Africa
10. Competitive Landscape - Vendor Market Share Analysis
11. Key Vendor Profiles
11.2 Elster Group SE
11.5 Schneider Electric SA
11.8 CGI Group Inc
11.9 Aclara Technologies LLC
11.10 Aidon Oy
11.11 Capgemini SA
11.12 Badger Meter
12. Future Trends and Oppurtunities in Global Smart Gas Market
12.1 Reducing Operating Costs for Utiliteies