The global smart fabrics market was valued at USD 1.21 billion in 2015 and is expected to record an estimated CAGR of 19.27% during the forecast period (2015-2020), to reach a value of USD 2.92 billion by the end of 2020. Smart fabrics have an electronic chip embedded in them. Their ability to transform, grow, communicate, and even conduct energy differentiates them from the normal textiles, hence they add value to the wearer. Smart fabric is a new market, formed due to the miniaturization of electronics and decline in the prices of electronics and manufacturing costs, of both textiles and semiconductors.
Some of the major factors driving the growth of global smart fabric market include a boost in the wearable electronics industry and miniaturization of electronics. In the recent times, with the advent of smart gadgets, there has been a growing demand for more sophisticated and smarter gadgets. Noticeably, there has been a rapid growth of low-cost smart wireless sensor networks, which has been driving the market, lucratively. E-commerce distribution channels are expected to open up growth opportunities, during and after the forecast period. Conversely, fluctuating raw material prices and high product costs are expected to hamper the market growth during the forecast period. Also, lack of proper regulations and exhaustive standards are further restraining the growth of the smart fabrics market.
The global smart fabric market is segmented by function (sensing, energy harvesting, luminescence & aesthetics, thermo-electricity, and others), product type (passive smart, active smart, and ultra-smart), end-user (military and protection, architecture, healthcare, sports and fitness, fashion and entertainment, automotive, and others), and by region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa and Latin America)
The report also considers key trends that would impact the industry and profiles of leading companies in the market, some of which include â€“
- Clothing Plus Ltd.
- AIQ Smart Clothing Inc.
- Gentherm Incorporated
- Google Inc.
- Interactive Wear AG
- Outlast Technologies LLC
- Schoeller Technologies
- Sensoria Inc.
- Textronics Inc.
The report describes a detailed study of the Porter's five forces analysis of the market. All the five major factors in these markets have been quantified using the internal key parameters governing each of them. The report also covers the market landscape of top players, along with key growth strategies, geographical footprint, and competition analysis.
What the report offers
- Market definition for smart fabrics, along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the global smart fabrics market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the smart fabrics market on both global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Growth in Wearable Electronics Industry
4.2.2 Miniaturization of Electronics
4.2.3 Growing Demand for Sophisticated and Smart Gadgets
4.2.4 Rapid Growth of Low-Cost Smart Wireless Sensor Networks
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.3.1 High Costs
4.3.2 Lack of Regulations and Exhaustive Standards
4.4 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry Among Existing Competitors
5. Global Smart Fabric Market- Segmented by function
5.2 Energy Harvesting
5.3 Luminescence & Aesthetics
6. Global Smart Fabric Market- Segmented by product types
6.1 Passive Smart
6.2 Active Smart
7. Global Smart Fabric Market- Segmented by End user
7.1 Military and protection
7.4 Sports and Fitness
7.5 Fashion and Entertainment
8. Global Organic Personal Care Market - Segmented by Region
8.1 North America
8.1.1 United States
8.3.4 South Korea
8.4 Latin America
8.5 The Middle East and Africa
8.5.2 Saudi Arabia
9. Vendor Market Share Analysis
10. Competitive Landscape - Company Profiles
10.1 Clothing Plus Ltd.
10.2 AIQ Smart Clothing Inc.
10.3 E.I.Du Pont De Nemours and company
10.4 Gentherm Incorporated
10.5 Google Inc.
10.6 Interactive Wear AG
10.7 Outlast Technologies LLC
10.8 Schoeller Technologies
10.9 Sensoria, Inc.
10.10 Textronics Inc.
10.12 Toray Industries
10.13 Ohmatex ApS
10.14 Smartex S.R.L.
11. Investment Analysis - Mergers & Acquisitions, Alliances and Others
12. Future Of Smart Fabric Market