The global mobile backhaul market is projected to reach USD 32.57 million by the end of 2021 at a CAGR of 12.85%. High-speed mobile data services are accounting for a majority of the data traffic in the world and hence putting more strain on the network operators. In 2013, there were as many as 7 billion mobile devices with 34% of devices using either 3G or 4G services that will generate about 65% of the data traffic by 2019.
Among wired backhauling techniques, optical fiber cables are the most sought-after for backhauling but they are expensive to employ and since cables need to connect cell sites, governmental permissions for trenching, boring or ducting would be required making it a time-consuming affair. In the wireless backhauling, usage of microwave & millimeter is more prevalent, as they can be deployed quickly and offer good coverage but they too require licenses unless they fall under E-band, in which case they are subject to atmospheric effects limiting its range.
Mobile backhaul market can be segmented by deployment (wired, wireless), by cell site size (small, macro), by geographic topology (urban, rural), by network topology (point to point, point to multi-point) by industry (government, military & defense, BFSI, oil & gas, IT, telecommunications, entertainment, education & research, maritime, aviation), by region (North America, APAC, Europe, Middle-East & Africa and rest of the world).
Ericsson, NEC, Huawei, Alcatel-Lucent, DragonWave, BridgeWave, Aviat, Ceragon, Cisco are the key players that are mentioned in the report.
- Increased strain on network operators
- Improving the speed of data access, reduced latency
- Government regulations for unified broadband access
- Cost of implementation of backhauling procedures
- Poor quality of services (QoS)
What the report offers
- Market definition for the global mobile backhaul market, along with identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Market analysis for the global mobile backhaul market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global mobile backhaul market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Review and Forecast Period Years
1.4 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.2.1 Increased Strain on Network Operators
4.2.2 Improving the Speed of Data Access, Reduced Latency
4.2.3 Government Regulations for Unified Broadband Access
4.3.1 Cost of Implementation of Backhauling Procedures
4.3.2 Poor Quality of Services (QoS)
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat From New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat from Substitute Products
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry Within the Industry
4.5 Industry Policies
5. Global Mobile Backhaul Market Products Market Segmentation, Forecasts and Trends
5.1 Global Market - Segmented By Deployment
5.2 Global Market - Segmented By Network Topology
5.2.1 Point to Point Network (PTP)
5.2.2 Point to Multipoint Network (PMP)
5.3 Global Market - Segmented By Industry
5.3.4 Military & Defense
5.3.5 Education & Research
5.3.8 Oil & Gas
5.4 Global Market - Segmented By Region
5.4.1 North America
5.4.4 Middle East & Africa
5.4.5 Rest of The World
5.5 Global Market - Segmented by Service
5.5.1 Network Services
5.5.2 System Integration Services
5.5.3 Professional Services
5.5.4 Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
5.5.13 Nokia Networks
7. Investment Analysis
7.1 Investment Scenario and Opportunities
8. Future of Mobile Backhaul Market