While these waves have been discovered a long time ago, practical applications are fairly limited until recent times. These waves find extensive application in wireless communications and as such telecom industry benefits a lot from its evolution. This technology is now being used in small cell mobile backhauls of base stations in developing metro network services over MMW as they are capable of transferring data at high speeds and low latency despite the smaller antenna size. The technical boom in mobile and telecom industries and display technologies being upgraded to QHD, 4K standards, increased usage of MMW in automobiles to achieve the dream of connected automobiles, etc. are driving the market for MMW as these waves can provide the necessary bandwidth to provide 5G services at transfer rates of up to 10GBPS.
While the applications beyond telecommunications are plenty in radar navigation with the use of beamwidth property of MMW. It also finds uses in military for developing short range fire control radars in tanks, aircrafts and vessels. They can be used for security screening applications at sensitive areas like airports or monuments without exposing them to harmful radiations. Further developments in the applications of MMW would drive down the costs and would aid market growth.
Despite its many used MMW are prone to certain limitations that restrict its practical applications, since these waves are propagated through line-of-sight buildings, trees and other obstacles hamper its range and thus its effectiveness. Also since majority of the devices are compatible with microwaves, specific devices compatible for MMW need to be developed which would drive the cost of overall product price. To be acceptable universally, they need to comply with the local governmental regulations/norms which are currently irregular as few countries have no restrictions over the MMW, few countries have severe restrictions posing a threat to the growth of the market.
MMW finds extensive applications in telecommunications, military & defense, consumer & commercial, healthcare, automobile and industrial segments. Market for MMW can be segmented based on the licensing (Licensed, Unlicensed, lightly licensed), based on components (Antennas & transceiver, Communications & Networking components, interface components, frequency components & related components, Imaging components), based on regions (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle-East & Africa, Latin America).
Bridgewave Communications, Inc., Farran Technology Ltd, Millitech, Inc., Sivers IMA, Siklu Communication, Ltd., Quinstar Technology, INC, AOptix, Sage Millimeter, Inc , Millimeter Wave Products Inc. , Fujitsu, Elva-1, Ducommun are some of the key players in the industry supplying MMW equipment and components.
Some of the key players in the market are:
- Bridgewave Communications, Inc.
- Farran Technology Ltd.
- Millimeter Wave Products Inc.
- Millitech, Inc.
- Quinstar Technology, Inc.
- Sage Millimeter, Inc.
- Siklu Communication, Ltd.
- Sivers IMA
- E BAND Communication ,LLC
What the Report Offers
- Market definition for the millimeter wave technology market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis of the millimeter wave technology market, with region-specific assessments.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on both the global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the millimeter wave technology market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Review and Forecast Period Years
1.4 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2.1 Wireless Backhaul of Base Stations
4.2.2 Evolution of 5G
4.3.1 Limited Range
4.3.2 Need for Manufacturing of Compatible Components
4.3.3 Lack of Uniform Regulations across the Globe
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat from New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat from Substitute Products
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
4.5 Industry Policies & Government Regulations
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Global Millimeter Wave Technology Market -Segmented by Type of Components
6.1 Antennas & Transceiver
6.2 Communications & Networking Components
6.3 Interface Components
6.4 Frequency Components & Related Components
6.5 Imaging Components
7. Global Millimeter Wave Technology Market -Segmented by Industry
7.1 Mobile & Telecom
7.2 Consumer & Commercial
7.6 Military, Defense and Aerospace
8. Global Millimeter Wave Technology Market -Segmented by Licensing model
8.1 Fully Licensed
8.2 Partly Licensed
9. Global Millimeter Wave Technology Market -Segmented by Region
9.1 North America
9.4 Middle East & Africa
9.5 Latin America
10. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
10.1 Bridgewave Communications, Inc.
10.2 Farran Technology Ltd
10.3 Millitech, Inc.
10.4 Sivers IMA
10.5 Siklu Communication, Ltd.
10.6 Quinstar Technology, Inc.
10.8 Sage Millimeter, Inc.
10.9 Millimeter Wave Products Inc.
10.13 E-band communications
11. Investment Analysis
11.1 Investment Scenario and Opportunities
12. Future of Millimeter Wave Technology Market