The global microfluidics market estimated at USD 2.97 billion in 2015 is projected to reach USD 7.11 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 19.08% over the forecast period. The field of microfluidics has become one of the most dynamically emerging disciplines of microtechnology in the recent decade. Microfluidics offers the benefit of miniaturization enabling portable and inexpensive devices.
The ability to use very small quantities of samples and reagents, to carry out separations and detections with high resolution and sensitivity, low-cost, short time for analysis and small footprints for analytical devices are just a few of the varied uses of microfluidics devices. The market for microfluidics has been on a healthy rise in the last few years, propelled by the ever-growing fields of pharmaceutical and drug diagnostics research; the expanding geriatric population, mounting incidences of lifestyle diseases and investments on R&D. However, the low market visibility of microfluidic products and the difficulty in introducing their usage in the existing work procedures are inhibiting the growth of microfluidics market.
The microfluidics market has been segmented by the materials used (polymer, glass, silicon, others); by application (pharmaceutical research, vitro diagnostics, drugs, fluid mechanics, chemistry) and by geography. North America has the largest market share in the world but the highest growing market is the Asia-Pacific region, with huge potential to take the microfluidics market to new dimensions.
Key Market Players
Some of the largest shareholders in this market are:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson, and Company
- Danaher Corporation
- Fluidigm Corporation
- Biofluidix GmbH
- Bartels Mikrotechnik GmbH
- Cepheid Inc.
- Agilent Technologies Inc.
- Perkinelmer Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- Market definition for microfluidics market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the microfluidics market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the microfluidics markets on global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Market Definition
1.2 Market Scope
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview
4.1 Current Maret Scenario
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Industry Attractivesness - Porter's Five Forces
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
5. Microfluidics Market Segmentation - By Materials
5.1.3 PolyVinyl Chloride(PVC)
5.1.4 Cyclic Olefin Copolymer(COC)
5.1.5 Polymethyl Methacrylate(PMMA)
6. Microfluidics Market Segmentation - By Application
6.1 Pharmaceutical Research
6.1.1 Lab Analytics
22.214.171.124 Cell-Based Assays
126.96.36.199 Proteomic Analysis
188.8.131.52 Genomic Analysis
184.108.40.206 Capillary Electrophoresis
6.2 In-Vitro Diagnoistics
6.2.1 Clinical Diagnoistics
6.2.2 Point-of-Care Testing
6.2.3 Environmental Testing
6.2.4 Industrial Testing
6.2.5 Agro Food Testing
6.3 Drug Delivery
6.4 Fluid Mechanics
6.4.1 Lamellar Flow
6.4.2 Rheological Testing at Nanoscale
6.5.1 NL Synthesis
7. Microfluidics Market Segmentation - By Geography
7.1 North America
7.3.8 South Korea
7.4 Middle East & Africa
7.5 Latin America
8. Major Industries in the Microfluidics Marker
8.1 Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
8.2 Becton, Dickinson and Company
8.3 Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
8.4 Perkinelmer Inc.
8.5 Agilent Technologies Inc.
8.6 Danaher Corporation
8.7 Cepheid Inc.
8.8 Fluidigm Corporation
8.9 Biofluidix GmbH
8.10 Bartels Mikrotechnik GmbH
9. Competitive Landscape
9.1 Market Share Analysis
9.2 Analysis of Development Trends
9.3 Mergers and Acquisitions
10. Future Outlook for Investment Opportunity