Increased domestic consumption of meat and aquatic products, as well as technological innovations in the meat processing industry and increased industrial livestock, are increasing the demand for high-quality meat and driving the growth of the companion animal feed market. Increased domestic demand is augmented by growing middle class incomes in emerging economies, and demographic factors, including the increasing number of double-income families and strong economies in both developed and developing countries.
Raw materials (cereals) and supplements (vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antibiotics, and colorants) are blended in different proportions to yield the compound feed for various animal species. Cereal, as a major ingredient of compound feed, occupies a 37% market share. Although the increasing cost of raw materials is restricting the growth of the compound feed market, it is driving the market for feed additives. The compound feed additives market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.1%, to reach USD 44,342 million by 2020. Antioxidants are the fastest growing feed additives, set to grow at an estimated CAGR of 4.6%. The rising demand for organic meat has created an opportunity in the industry for organic feed.
The major players in the compound feed market are Cargill (U.S.), ADM (U.S.), Nutreco NV (The Netherlands) and Charoen Pokphand (Thailand), among others. The developing countries of Asia and South America are the key growth markets in the industry. Major players are rapidly tapping into these markets through both organic and inorganic growth strategies. Over the last five years, the most adopted strategy for growth has been mergers and acquisitions.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the North American compound food market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- An extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies, along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the North American compound food market on a global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- Wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is blooming, and identification of regions that are still untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.2. Definition of the market
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. NORTH AMERICAN COMPOUND FEED MARKET - OVERVIEW
4. MARKET ANALYSIS
4.1. Livestock Industry Trend
4.2. Meat Industry Trend
4.2.1 Bovine meat
4.2.2 Pig meat
4.2.3 Poultry eat
4.3. Price Trend Analysis
4.4. Threshold matters of the industry
4.4.1. Use of antibiotics
4.5. Factors affecting the global market
18.104.22.168. Growing demand for meat and aquaculture products
22.214.171.124. Increased awareness regarding quality meat and milk products
126.96.36.199. Increased Industrial livestock production
188.8.131.52. Rising cost of raw materials
184.108.40.206. Government regulations
220.127.116.11. Organic feed
4.6. Porter's Analysis
4.6.1. Bargaining power of buyers
4.6.2. Bargaining power of suppliers
4.6.3. Degree of competition
4.6.4. Threat of new entrants
4.6.5. Threat of substitutes
4.7. Global Regulatory Environment - Impact Analysis
4.7.1. North America
4.8. Value Chain Analysis
5. NORTH AMERICA'S SHARE IN THE GLOBAL COMPOUND FEED MARKET
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1. By ingredients
6.1.2. Cereal by-products
6.1.3. Oilseed meals
6.2. By supplements
6.2.2. Amino acids
6.2.7. Probiotics & prebiotics
6.3. By animals
6.3.1. Ruminant feed
6.3.2. Swine feed
6.3.3. Poultry feed
6.3.4. Fish feed
6.3.5. Other animals
7. COUNTRY LEVEL ANALYSIS (by ingredients, by supplements & animal type)
8. THE FUTURE OF THE INDUSTRY - EXPERT VIEW
9. PROFILES OF KEY GLOBAL PLAYERS (Overview, Products & Services and Financials)
9.1. Charoen Pokphand (Thailand)
9.2. Cargill Inc.(U.S.)
9.3. Land O' Lakes Purina (U.S.)
9.4. Alltech Inc. (U.S.)
9.5. Archer Daniels Midland (U.S.)
9.6. New Hope Group (China)
9.7. Wen's Group (China)
9.8. ForFarmers (The Netherlands)
9.9. Miratorg Agribusiness Holding (Russia)
9.10. Kyodo Shiryo Company (Japan)
9.11. Sodrugestvo Group (Russia)
9.12. DeKalb Feeds (U.S.)
9.13. De Heus (The Netherlands)
9.14. Ballance Agri-Nutrients (New Zealand)
9.15. Heiskell & CO. (U.S.)
9.16. Kent Feeds (U.S.)
9.17. Weston Milling Animal Nutrition (Australia)
9.18. Zheng DA International Group (China)
9.19. Ewos Group (Norway)
9.20. Nutreco NV (The Netherlands)
10. LIST OF NORTH AMERICA-BASED FEED COMPANIES