The most familiar technologies like internet, sensors, and computers have a great influence on M2M communications and are being used by business, individuals etc. The global M2M connections reached 18 billion in 2014, which is an indicator of market maturity. China holds the maximum share of global M2M market in terms of number of connections, followed by America.
This market is driven by factors such as augmenting applications telematics, adoption of the high-speed spectrum, increasing number of mobile connections, etc. However, this market faces certain drawbacks, such as security issues, as customers feel that is no privacy and lack of standardization, where most of the M2M systems are custom designed.
The global M2M connections market valued at USD 21.24 billion in 2015 is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 10.26% to reach USD 34.61 by 2020. Asia occupies the largest market share of 42%, followed by Europe and North America. There is immense potential and opportunities in the Asia-Pacific region as cellular connections are growing rapidly. In terms of global M2M revenue, the US has the largest market share of 23%, followed by China. In the present scenario, short-range technology is the most preferred M2M connection.
The M2M connections market is segmented on the basis of technology, industry verticals, and geography.
Key Industry Players
This report describes a detailed study of Porter's five forces analysis of the market. All the five major factors in these markets have been quantified using internal key parameters governing each of them. It also covers the market landscape of these players, which includes key growth strategies, geographical footprint, and competition analysis.
The report also considers key trends that shall influence the industry and profiles of over 10 leading suppliers of M2M connections such as:
- Vodafone Group
- Texas Instruments
- AT&T Inc.
- Duetsche Telecom AG
- Siera Wireless
- China Mobile Ltd
- Cisco System Inc.
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
- Intel Corporation
- Sprint Corporation
- Gemalto NV
- Telit Communications
- Verizon Communications Inc
- Jasper Technologies
- Market definition for M2M connections along with identification of key drivers and restraints of the market.
- Market analysis for the M2M connections market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies, which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the M2M connections market on both global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Review and Forecast Period Years
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timeline
2.4 Study Phases
3. Key Findings
4. Executive Summary
5. M2M Connections - Market Overview and Technology Trends
5.1 Current Market Scenario
5.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Model
5.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.2.3 Threat from New Entrants
5.2.4 Threat from Substitute Product Types
5.2.5 Competition Rivalary within the Industry
5.3.1 Augmenting Applications Telematics
5.3.2 Increasing Number of Mobile Connections
5.3.3 Adoption of High-Speed Spectrum
5.4.1 Privacy and Security Issues
5.4.2 Lack of Standardization
6. Market Segmentation
7. By Technology
7.1 Cellular Connections
7.2 Low Power Wide Area (LPWA)
7.3 Short Range
7.4.1 Wide Area Powerline
7.5 Wide Area Fixed
8. By Industry Verticals
8.1 Retail Sector
8.2 Banking and Financial Institution
8.3 Telecom & IT Industry
8.6 Oil and Gas
9. By Region
9.1 North America
9.4 Latin America
9.5 Middle East and Africa
10. Competitive Landscape - Key Company Profiles
10.1 Vodafone Group
10.2 Texas Instruments
10.3 AT&T Inc
10.4 Duetsche Telecom AG
10.5 Siera Wireless
10.6 China Mobile Ltd
10.7 Cisco System Inc
10.8 Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
10.9 Intel Corporation
10.10 Sprint Corporation
10.11 Gemalto NV
10.13 Telit Communications
10.14 Verizon Communications Inc
10.15 Jasper Technologies
11. Investment Analysis
11.1 Investor Outlook
11.2 Recent Mergers & Acquistions
12. Future Outlook of Global M2M Connections Market