One of the major driving forces for LiDAR market is the increasing use of drones for multiple applications. Potential in delivery and automation sectors are leading organizations to invest in drone research. Encouragement from the government sector in automation and adoption of LiDAR to various government sector activities like flood relief and management is also causing the industry to grow positively. Miniaturization of hardware components means that the technology can now be adapted to new applications where the hardware is airborne. The growth in research and development of self driven cars in automotive sector beckons increasing use of LiDAR. Also, growth of 3D printing market and increasing demand for 3D printed images are driving the market. The market is constrained by relatively high cost of equipment and surveying applications. Also, unawareness and lack of education when it comes to the technology hinders growth. The development of new and better SFM (Structure From Motion) technology as a competition limits the market.
The market is segmented on the basis of technology (Rayleigh LiDAR, Mie LiDAR, Raman LiDAR, Fluorescence LiDAR), on the basis of application (Airborne LiDAR, Terrestrial LiDAR, Mobile LiDAR, Short Range LiDAR), on the basis of component (GPS, Data Storage and Management, Inertial Navigation Systems, Laser Scanner), on the basis of end user application (Civil Engineering, Archeology, Mining & Forestry, Military, Corridor Mapping and Topographical Survey). A bulk of LiDAR market revenue comes from Civil Engineering. By 2020, corridor mapping is expected to be the biggest revenue generating sector.
The market is segmented on the basis of region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Africa and Middle East). Analysis indicates that North America is the biggest market in the world now but Asia Pacific is catching up faster due to increasing low cost manufacturing activities.
Key players in the market mentioned in the report are SICK AG, Hokuyo Automatic Co Ltd., Velodyne LiDAR, Quanergy, Phoenix Aerial Systems, 3D Laser Mapping, Quantum Spatial, Airborne Imaging Inc., Avent LiDAR technology, Faro Technology, GeoDigital and Leica GeoSystems AG.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the LiDAR Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the LiDAR market on both global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Market Scope
1.3 Market Constraints
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.2 Market size and Forecast
3.3 Industry value chain analysis
3.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's 5 forces of analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining power of consumers
3.4.3 Threat from new entrants
3.4.4 Threat from substitute products
3.4.5 Competitive rivalry within the industry
4. Market Dynamics
4.2.1 Fast paced development and increasing applications of drone
4.2.2 Adoption in government sector applications
4.2.3 Miniaturization of hardware components
4.2.4 Increasing adoption of LiDAR in automotive sector
4.3.1 High cost of instruments and surveying application.
4.3.2 Competetion from newly developed SFM technology
5. Global LiDAR Market Segmentation
5.1 Global Market - Segmented by Technology
5.1.1 Rayleigh LiDAR
5.1.2 Mie LiDAR
5.1.3 Raman LiDAR
5.1.4 Fluoroscence LiDAR
5.2 Global Market - Segmented by Application
5.2.1 Airborne LiDAR
5.2.2 Terrestial LiDAR
5.2.3 Mobile LiDAR
5.2.4 Short Range LiDAR
5.3 Global Market - Segmented by Component
5.3.2 Data Storage and Management
5.3.3 Inertial Naviation Systems
5.3.4 Laser Scanners
5.4 Global Market - Segmented by end user application
5.4.1 Civil Engineering
5.4.3 Mining & Forestry
5.4.5 Corridor Mapping & Topographical Survey
5.5 Global Market - Segmented by Geography
5.5.1 North America
5.5.2 Latin America
5.5.4 Asia Pacific
5.5.5 Africa and Middle East
6. Competitive analysis - Company Profiles
6.1 SICK AG
6.2 Hokuyo Automatic Co. Ltd.
6.3 Velodyne LiDAR
6.5 Phoenix Aerial Systems
6.6 3D Laser Mapping
6.7 Quantum Spatial
6.8 Airborne Imaging Inc.
6.9 Avent Lidar Technology
6.10 Faro Technology
6.12 Leica Geosystems AG
6.13 Reigl Laser Measurement Systems GmbH
6.14 Topcon Positioning Systems, Inc.
6.15 Trimble Navigation Limited
7. Future of LiDAR Systems