The global LiDAR drones market was valued at USD 15.56 million in 2015 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 36.95% to reach USD 74.96 million, by 2020. LiDAR, also called as light detection and ranging, is used as a graphing or surveying technology that deals with distance, by striking the target with a laser light. LiDAR is commonly used as a technology to get high-resolution maps, with applications like atmospheric physics, geomorphology, geomatics, forestry, geography, geology, archaeology, and seismology. LiDAR is capable of 3D scanning with the airborne capability called as LiDAR drones.
Drones are most useful, especially in the field of Geographic Information System (GIS), where it benefits establishments and nearly every industry. Drone technology enhances the GIS technology as it is easy-to-deploy for mapping and can move into even remote sites. Recently, a team of archaeological scientists had mapped the Angkor Wat temple area in Cambodia, and for that mapping, they used LiDAR, due to its sophisticated and cost-effective remote sensing technology, currently available in the market. The LiDAR device, which is mounted on helicopters and drones, fires up to a million laser rays every five seconds through the forest canopy, to record even minute differences in ground surface topography. The archaeologists found undocumented highways, temples and even water ways, which were otherwise hidden. This has been possible only through the LiDAR technology.
LiDAR drones have many applications, which can help public and private services (aerospace, defense, and intelligence, public utilities, banking, financial services, insurance, telecommunication, healthcare, retail, manufacturing and others). The market is also segmented by technology (thermal energy harvesting, electromagnetic energy harvesting, light energy harvesting, vibration energy harvesting, kinetic energy harvesting) and geography (North America, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Europe, and the Middle East and Africa).
The report includes a competitive assessment regarding an overview of the market players, profiles, products and services, business strategies, recent developments and innovation, market landscape, future trends and forecasts, and mergers & acquisitions.
The major companies dominating this market for its products, services, and continuous product developments are:
- 3D Robotics, Inc.
- Phoenix Aerial Systems
- Faro Technology
- Leica Geosystems AG
- Optech Inc.
- Riegl Laser Measurement Systems GmbH
- Trimble Navigation Limited
- Sick AG
- Velodyne LiDAR, Inc.
- Yellowscan Inc.
Key Deliverables in the Study:
- Market analysis for the global LiDAR drones market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global LiDAR drones market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Key Findings of The Study
1.3 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview
3.2 Porters Five Force Analysis
3.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Advancements on Drone technology
4.1.2 Cost effective and efficient Geo mapping
4.1.3 Need for robust sureveillance System
4.1.4 Rise in mining activty
4.2.1 Increase in the cost of equipments
4.2.2 more compititive market
5. Global LiDAR Drones Market Segmentation
5.1 By End User Industry
5.1.6 Precision Agriculture
5.1.7 Transportation and Logistics
5.2 By Product
5.2.1 Rotary Wing LiDAR Drone
5.2.2 Fixed Wing LiDAR Drone
5.3 By Region
5.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 Rest Of North America
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
22.214.171.124 Rest of Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6. Vendor Market Share Analysis
7. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
7.1 3D Robotics, Inc.
7.2 Phoenix Aerial Systems
7.3 Optech Inc.
7.4 Trimble Navigation Limited
7.5 Sick AG
7.6 Velodyne LiDAR, Inc.
7.7 Leica Geosystems AG
7.8 Riegl Laser Measurement Systems GmbH
7.10 Yellowscan Inc
8. Investment Analysis
8.1 Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
8.2 Investment Scenario & Opportunities
9. Future of LiDAR Drones Market