Cybercriminals utilize the vehicle's internal communication bus and take control of additional modules inside the vehicle, including safety critical systems such as the ABS and Engine Electronic Control Units (ECUs). An attacker usually takes control of the vehicle by affecting the control of the steering wheel, accelerating the vehicle, activating the brakes, and turning off the engine, among other ways. The attacker can also re-flash modules, override hardcoded safety measures and install Trojan horses on the devices.
Europe's Cybersecurity of Cars Market- Technological Developments
Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) is one of the major advancements for cybersecurity incorporated for OEMs, Tier 1s, and aftermarket telematics providers. As a government tested solution, the IPS protects a vehicle's critical components from being hacked and generates reports and alerts for remote monitoring of the vehiclesâ€™ cyber health. Malicious attacks are identified by utilizing Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) algorithms, wherein the unique technology scans all traffic in a vehicle's network identifies abnormal transmissions, and enables real-time response to threats.
Europe's Cybersecurity of Cars Market- Drivers
- Extensive research in fending off malware
- Auto-correction of defunct components of the integrated software in connected cars
- Increased funding by the software solution providers towards cybersecurity software
- Increased interest from all OEMs and connected car component manufacturers towards the security of cars
However, the ability to keep up with the evolving scenario and complexity of network access cybersecurity and the increase in wireless traffic leading to the ineffective integration of connected cars devices, pose major constraints to this market but the extensive research and integrated software in the malware detection system are expected to considerably improve the growth of the market. In Europe, the cybersecurity of vehicles among software technology is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of 27.0% during the given forecast period. Among the consumer segments, the aftermarket for cybersecurity systems for vehicles would grow at the highest CAGR of 30.0%.
The report segments Europe's cybersecurity for cars market by technology type (software-based and hardware-based), installation type (OEM's and aftermarket) and geography (the UK, France, Germany, Russia, Italy and rest of Europe).
Some of the key market players are:
- Tesla Motors
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Europe Cybersecurity of Cars Market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on the global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Europe cybersecurity of cars market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Key Findings of the Study
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW AND TECHNOLOGY TRENDS
3.1 Current Market Scenario
3.2 Technology Trends
3.3 Porter's Five Forces Framework
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the industry
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
5. EUROPE CYBERSECURITY FOR CARS MARKET BY TECHNOLOGY TYPE (Growth, Innovations, and Feasibility of Cybersecurity)
5.1 Software-enabled Cybersecurity Technologies
5.2 Hardware-integrated Cybersecurity Technologies
6. EUROPE CYBERSECURITY FOR CARS MARKET BY INSTALLATION TYPE (Growth, Trends, and Durability)
6.2.1 EUROPE CYBERSECURITY FOR CARS MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY (Market crackdown, trends and forecasts-country wise)
7. Rest of Europe
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.2 Market Share Analysis
8.3 Developments of Key players
9. KEY VENDOR ANALYSIS
9.2 Argus Cybersecurity
9.7 Infineon Technologies AG
9.8 Intel Security
9.10 Tesla Motors
10. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET