The market is expected to grow from USD 48.03 billion to USD 117.20 billion by the end of 2021. The lion's share of the market is taken by the traffic management system with an estimated CAGR of 19.3% in the forecasted period.
The report highlights the recent trends that are being seen across the world like electric vehicles, self-driven cars and the role of ICT in making cities smarter. The report offers a unique perspective on the current applications of ICT in traffic management, road safety and security, freight control, environment protection, automotive telematics, parking management and road-user charging across various regions of the world.
North America is expected to remain the leader with the highest market share. APAC is emerging and is expected to surpass Europe by 2021 because of the ever-increasing population and the greater need for smart systems. Emphasis has been laid on the various systems that can be used to make urban transport smarter.
With the technology making progress by leaps and bounds, commercialization of V2V and V2I is expected in the next few years, thereby creating interconnected networks of all the vehicles ensuring reduced congestion and a smoother traffic flow. The report explores on specific examples of mega cities in the process of becoming smart, the initiatives being taken by the government and the opportunities for monetization for ecosystem players. The major players are Cisco, IBM, Xerox, Oracle, Hitachi, Siemens, Orange and many more.
- The rise of urbanization and megacities (increasing population)
- Role of cities as hubs
- Supportive government initiatives
- Need for safety and security
- Reduction in congestion and opportunities are going to drive the demand for the smart transportation market.
- The initial capital expenditure (funding) and socio-political factors along with surveillance v/s privacy could affect the demand of this particular market.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS
- Smart transportation market overview and in-depth analysis with its applications in the industry and information on drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors responsible for changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.1.1 Definition of the Market
1.1.2 Report Description
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.1 Smart Transportation vs Non-Smart Transportation
3.2 Market Segmentation
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1 Rise of Urbanization and Megacities - Increasing Population
4.2.2 The Role of Cities as Hubs
4.2.3 Government Initiatives
4.2.4 Need for Safety and Security
4.2.5 Reduction in Congestion and the Opportunities as a Result
4.3.1 Capital Expenditure - Funding
4.3.2 Socio-Political Factors, Surveillance vs Privacy
4.4.1 eMobility - Electric Vehicles, (Wireless) Charging Infrastructure
4.4.2 Car and Bike Rental and Sharing
4.4.3 Role of ICT in Managing Cities - Definition of Smart Cities
4.4.4 New Monetization Opportunities for Ecosystem Players
4.4.5 Self-Driven Cars
5 MARKET ANALYSIS AND FORECAST
5.1 Global Market - Segmented By Application
5.1.1 Traffic Management
5.1.2 Road Safety and Security
5.1.4 Public Transport
5.1.5 Environment Protection
5.1.6 Automotive Telematics
5.1.7 Parking Management
5.1.8 Road User Charging
5.2 Global Market - Segmented By Market Type
5.2.1 Advanced Traveler Information Systems (ATIS)
5.2.2 Advanced Transportation Management Systems (ATMS)
5.2.3 Advanced Transportation Pricing Systems (ATPS)
5.2.4 Advanced Public Transportation Systems (APTS)
5.2.5 Cooperative Vehicle Systems
5.3 Global Market - Segmented by Region
5.3.1 North America
5.3.2 Major Cities
5.3.4 Major Cities
5.3.6 Major Cities
5.3.7 Rest of the World
5.3.8 Major Cities
5.4 Competitive Landscape
5.4.1 New Products and Future Trends
5.4.2 Mergers and Acquisitions
5.5 Company Profiles
5.5.2 AGT International
5.5.6 Logica (CMG)