The screenless display method of operations works on making the data come alive without the help of the screens. The technology purposes at communicating information without the help of a projector or a screen. The global screenless display market is projected to reach USD 3416.15 million by the end of 2021, at a CAGR of 30.34% over the five-year forecasted period. The recent launch of Google glass is one such step towards realizing the full-fledged use of such technology in daily use across different industry verticals. It deals in an interactive planned technology developed to solve the concerns related to device miniaturization of modern communication technologies. Whereas, the absence of space in the screen-based devices offers an opportunity for screenless display industry growth and development in the coming years.
Portability issues and space restriction in the screen-based displays, low power consumptions, growth in the 3D market, growing gaming industry and proliferation of large screens mobile phones across the globe are some factors serving as a key-enabler for the industry. However, lack of awareness, privacy concerns and high capital investments are to a large extent hindering the growth of the market.
The market for screenless display has been segmented by technology and the end-user. As per technology, the screenless display can be divided into three parts which are visual image, retinal display and synaptic interference. Whereas, as end-users, the market has been segmented into consumer, aerospace & defense, healthcare, automotive and others.
Visual image is a type of screenless display where the image is projected in front of the user. Hologram is a popular type of visual image. Holograms have always been popular in cinemas but with many types of research going on in this field, one day the common man could be using this every day. Retinal display is a type where images are directly projected on the user's retina. This will help the users do private tasks even in public areas. The third type is a synaptic interface where the visual information is sent directly to the brain without the use of light. This technology is slowly evolving and only some aspects of it are being used at present. It will be one of the major game-changing technologies in the future. Several patents have been filed and many companies are working towards developing different aspects of screenless displays.
Consumer electronics held the largest market share (44.12%) in the screenless display market globally owing to the increasing penetration of the mobile phones with larger display along with the increasing usage in the screenless laptops when connected to fixed screen monitors.
The market has also been geographically segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and rest of the world. North America holds the lion's share in the global market and is projected to dominate throughout the forecasted period owing to the presence of a large number of key vendors in the region.
Rising technological advancements, increasing disposable income and changing consumer preferences are some of the factors driving the Asia-Pacific market; and the region is expected to witness the highest growth rate over the forecasted period.
Some of the companies mentioned in the report are Google, Avegant Glyph, Displair Inc., Microsoft Corporation, RealView Imaging and Synaptics Incorporated.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the screenless display market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the screenless display market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and also identify the regions that are still untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Sizing Units
1.4 Base Currency
1.5 Review and Forecast Period Years
1.6 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Econometric Forecast Model
2.4 Research Assumptions
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Outlook
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Technology Snapshot
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat from New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat from Substitute Products
4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry Within the Industry
4.4 Factors Driving the Market
4.5 Factors Restraining the Market
5. Screenless Display Market Analysis by Technology
5.1 Visual Image
5.3 Synaptic Interface
6. Screenless Display Market Analysis by End User
6.2 Aerospace & Defense
7. Screenless Display Market Analysis by Region
7.1 North America
7.4 Rest of the World
8. Company Profiles
8.2 Avegant Glyph
8.3 Displair Inc.
8.4 RealView Imaging
8.5 Microsoft Corporation
8.6 Zebra Imaging Inc.
8.7 Synaptics Incorporated
8.8 Holoxica Ltd.
8.9 Eon Reality, Inc.
8.10 Leia Inc.
9. Investment Analysis
9.1 Role of Business Accelerators
9.2 Investment Firms Strategies and Recent Investments
9.3 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
9.4 Venture Funding
10. Future of Screenless Display Market