Europe has strict food safety standards. Many countries in Europe banned meat and animal products from developing countries citing safety hazards. American beef is also banned in European Union countries citing the hormone treatment of cattle. It is a large market for feed testing as various developed countries like UK, Germany, France, Spain, Norway, Sweden are part of Europe. Europe also has developing countries like Romania, Albania and Belarus in eastern part, which present a case for further growth of feed testing market. Developed countries in Europe have consumers, who are highly conscious of food safety. Pet food market is also very prominent in developed Europe. Concern of pet owners on their pet's feed also helps growth of feed testing market.
As with the industry, mycotoxin testing dominates the European feed testing market. European climatic conditions offer cool weather. If harvest is delayed and exposure to moisture happens (normally due to rains) mycotoxins develop on the feed due to fungal growth. Unhygienic conditions like improper storage also lead to mycotoxin development. Nutritional analysis of feed is another major feed testing market. Proper nutrition is required for healthy growth and yield of livestock as it impacts, immunity, growth and life of an animal.
The major restraint in European market is costs involved in testing. Awareness is also an issue in less developed countries of Europe. Feed testing involves expert analysis and highly technological equipment. The evolution of pathogens also requires updated testing processes. These factors make feed testing a capital intensive industry. Increasing awareness and more stringent regulations are playing an important role in the growth of feed testing market. Awareness about high quality feed and its importance in animal growth is also promoting growth of feed testing market.
Feed testing is made mandatory by European Union association, Europa. This is a major contributor to feed testing market in Europe. Breakage of Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) or mad cow disease in 1980's triggered the need for feed testing. Europeans quickly realized the need for feed testing as many practices to cut costs of feed are implemented. For example BSE outbreak can be cited to the use of meat and bone meal (MBM) powder which is used as a substituent to plant protein such as soybean.
Eurofins Scientific, Bruker Biosciences Corporation, Intertek Group Plc, Foss are some of the major firms involved in feed testing. Some of the specialties in testing are pathogen testing, nutritional analysis, pesticide testing and fats & oils analysis. Expansions and acquisitions are the main strategies adapted by feed testing companies. Companies are also increasing awareness about feed testing market and regulations to increase their revenue.
- Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market
- Analysis for the Feed Testing Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale
- Segment-level analysis in terms of application and end-user demand
- Forecasts and estimations for the sub-segment level market
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies, which can influence the market on a global and regional scale
- Identification and analysis of the exogenous and endogenous factors such as macro and microeconomic variables that affect the European Feed Testing Market on both global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of key players along with their share of markets
- A comprehensive analysis of recent organic and inorganic developments in the market by the major companies, and strategic benchmarking of developments
Scope of the Study:
- Comprehensive overview of the European Feed Testing Market
- Competitive intelligence regarding the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them
- Insights about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identifies the regions which are untapped
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.1.1 Market Definition
1.1.2 Report Description
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. Regulatory Structure
3.1 North America
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Dynamics
184.108.40.206 Increase in demand of high quality feed for animals
220.127.116.11 Livestock disease outbreak fuelling additive market
18.104.22.168 Stringent Regulations in Regard to Food & Feed Safety
22.214.171.124 Mandatory testing of feed safety & quality
126.96.36.199 Lack of awareness in feed safety & quality
188.8.131.52 High initial costs
184.108.40.206 Advancements in Analytical techiques
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.3.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 Pathogen testing
5.1.2 Crop chemicals analysis
5.1.3 Nutritional labeling analysis
5.1.4 Fats & oils analysis
5.1.5 Mycotoxin testing
5.2 By Animal Type
5.2.5 Pet food
5.3 By Geography
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Market Share Analysis
6.2 Major Strategies adopted by Companies
6.3 Most active companies in the past five years
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Adpen Laboratories Inc.
7.2 Eurofins Scientific
7.3 Bruker Biosciences Corporation.
7.4 Intertek Group Plc
7.5 RL Food Testing Laboratories
7.6 Genetic ID NA Inc.
7.7 SDK Laboratories
7.8 EMSL Anlaytical Inc.
7.9 OMIC USA Inc.