Spurring demand for automation products in retail industry is the key driver of global ESL market. Stringent government rules in developed countries for precise product pricing influences the retailers looking for ESL systems. Increased revenues as well as the reduction in labor costs and real time product positioning by adapting ESLs fuel the market. However availability of cheap labor in developing countries, possible technical glitches due to the wireless technologies used for communication and high initial investment may hamper the growth of the ESL market.
The emergence of Near Field communication technology (NFC) and growing adaption of this technology in ESL offers opportunities for more research and development to build even more sophisticated ESL systems. The raising retail industry market in Asia Pacific region also offering plethora of opportunities. As the adaption of ESLs increase, various other firms start getting into the ESL market which in turn creates opportunities. However lack of experience and domain/technical expertise of the new market entrants is a challenge to overcome.
The global ESL market can be segmented based on the following criteria: Type of Product (LCDs, Segmented e-Paper ESLs, Full Graphic e-Paper ESLs), Type of Store (Hyper markets, super markets, non-food retail stores and specialty stores), Communication technology (RF, IR NFC and Visible light communications), Component (Displays, Batteries, Transceivers, processors and others) and Geography (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, MEA and Rest of the world). Full graphic e-Paper ESLs are expected to hold the major share of global ESL market based on product type.
Due to presence of major ESL manufacturers and end users, Europe will be having the major share of global ESL market and APAC market is estimated to grow with higher rate in the forecast period. The key market players of global ESL market includes Store Electronic Systems, Pricer AB, Displaydata, M2Communicaiton, Imagotag GmbH, E Ink Holding Inc., Samsung Electro-Mechanics and LG, Wincor Nixdorf, Advantech U.S Inc. and Altierre Corp.
Key deliverables of the study
- Market definition of ESL in the global market along with market drivers and restraints.
- Market segmentation and the corresponding market share analysis.
- Global and region specific competitive market analysis of ESLs.
- Analysis on the key factors which influence the market scenarios along with the growth opportunities.
- Identifying the market leaders and analyzing their strategic moves and their market share.
- Covers the market landscape with the geographical foot print, key growth strategies and competitive market share analysis.
- This report provide in-depth analysis for the Porter's five forces of the market. All these five major factors in the market have been quantified using the internal key parameters governing each of them.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics & Trends
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Spurring demand for automation products in retail industry
4.2.2 Stringent government rules in developed countries for precise product pricing
4.2.3 Increased revenues as well as the reduction in labor costs
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Availability of low labor wages in developing countries
4.3.2 Technical glitches due to the wireless technologies
4.3.3 High initial investment
4.4 Market Opportunities
4.5 Industry value chain analysis
4.6 Industry attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Model
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.6.3 Threat from new entrants
4.6.4 Threat from substitute Product types
4.6.5 Competition rivalary within the industry
5. Technology Overview
5.1 Technology Snapshot
5.2 Recent Developments
6. Electronic Shelf Labels - Market segmentation by Type of Product
6.1 LCD ESLs
6.2 Segmented e-Paper ESLs
6.3 Full Graphic e-Paper ESLs
7. Electronic Shelf Labels - Market segmentation by Type of Store
7.1 Hyper Markets
7.2 Super Markets
7.3 Non-Food retail stores
7.4 Speciality stores
8. Electronic Shelf Labels - Market segmentation by Communication Technology
8.1 RF Communication
8.2 Near Field Communication
8.3 IR Communication
8.4 Visible Light Communication
9. Electronic Shelf Labels - Market segmentation by Components
9.5 Others (Rails, integrated labels, adapters for battery labels)
10. Electronic Shelf Labels - Market segmentation by Geography
10.1 North America
10.5 Latin America
11. Key Vendor Profiles
11.1 Store Electronic Systems
11.2 Pricer AB
11.5 Imagotag GmbH
11.6 E Ink Holding Inc
11.7 Samsung Electro-Mechanics
11.9 Wincor Nixdorf
11.10 Advantech U.S., Inc.
11.11 Altierre Corp.
12. Vendor market share
13. Investor Outlook
13.1 Investment Scenario
13.2 Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
14. Future of Electronic Shelf Labels