The major usage of DCS is to control industrial processes, such as electric power generation, oil and gas refineries, water and wastewater treatment, chemical, food & beverages, and automotive production. One of the major benefits of the DCS systems is that the digital communication between workstations, distributed controllers, and other computing elements follow peer-to-peer access principle. Various solutions, such as controlling & monitoring of production activities, intelligent command capabilities for enhanced and easy plant supervision and reduced human involvement are some of the major features making the adoption of DCS more attractive.
The rising interest in generating energy, based on renewable resources, and increased investment by organizations in infrastructure for catering to the competitive environment are acting as the major drivers for this market. The functionality of any system is improved by the remote access feature of DCS system, thus driving organizations for its adoption. The optimum utilization of man power, raw material and equipment can be achieved by adopting these solutions, thus reducing unnecessary costs. Emerging applications like batch management, asset management and efficient ways of power generation are providing great growth opportunities for this market. However, the investors are cautious due to the increasing cyber security concerns. This concern in cyber-attacks is restraining the market. Hence, solutions with the highest security and compliance features would be preferred.
In our study, the global DCS market is segmented by components, applications and geography. Regarding components, the market can be further segmented into hardware, software and solutions. The various applications can be sub-segmented into chemical, energy & power, healthcare, manufacturing, petrochemical, oil & gas and others. Oil & gas is expected to have a higher share, and the energy & power industry is expected to have the highest-growth rate due to rapid industrialization and growing interest in producing energy from renewable resources.
The geographical segmentation of the market includes Asia-Pacific, North America, Latin America, the Middle East & Africa and Europe. Due to the increasing manufacturing activities in the Middle East and Asia-Pacific, the market is estimated to grow at a good pace in these regions. China is estimated to have the biggest market size regarding the revenue generated, through the installation of the DCS systems. The Chinese market has a substantial pharmaceutical presence and posts scalable opportunities for the local players to transform into global players and is expected to drive the DCS market in APAC. Also, Europe is expected to generate high revenues, due to the high rate of investments in the production facilities from Germany and France, among others.
The key players in the DCS market are â€“
- Emerson Electric
- Honeywell International
- Yokogawa Electric
- General Electric
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
- Rockwell Automation
- Schneider Electric
- Toshiba International
- Azbil Corporation
Key Deliverables of the Study
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- Market definition of the distribution control systems, along with identification of key drivers and restraints of the market.
- Market analysis for the global distribution control systems market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global distribution control systems market on both global and regional scale.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Market Definiton
1.3 Market Scope
1.4 Key Market Highlights
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Changing Energy Trends - Renewable Resources-Based Energy Production
4.2.2 Increasing Adoption of Process Automation
4.2.3 Increasing Investments for Efficient and Reliable Infrastructure
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Use of Internet Leads to Concerns of Cyber Attacks
4.3.2 Market's Stagnant Position in Several Developed Countries
4.4 Porters Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Degree of Competition
4.4.4 Threat of Substitution
4.4.5 Threat of New Entrants
4.5 Value Chain Analysis
5. Global DCS Market : Market Segmentation - Trends, Analysis, Size and Forecast
5.1 Global Market - Segmented By Components
5.2 Global Market - Segmented By Applications
5.2.3 Energy & Power
5.2.4 Oil & Gas
5.3 Global Market - Segmented By Geography
5.3.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
5.3.3 The Middle East and Africa
184.108.40.206 South Africa
5.3.5 Latin America
6. Global DCS Market : Vendor Market Share Analysis
7. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
7.4 Schneider Electric
7.6 Rockwell Automation
7.7 Emerson Electric
7.10 Omron Corp
7.13 Toshiba International
7.14 Yokogawa Electric Co
8. Future Trends and Oppurtunities of the Global DCS Market